Chapter 3

Meanwhile at the Florida airport

With their feet barely kicking off, feeling terribly numb, Giorno and Jotaro came out of the plane's boarding gate with the rest of the passengers, notably fatigued and discomforted. Both of them were quite unkempt as they wearily dragged their suitcases. It had been a nine and a half hour long flight after all.

Without saying a word to one another, they went through security and then headed to the elevator. It did not take long before they spotted some available benches; they did not hesitate to put down their luggages and rest. After a long yawn, Jotaro checked his wristwatch.

"They won't be long in coming," he said, seeing a tired Giorno with dark circles stretching his limbs.

"Okay, but first, I just need to freshen up. I'll be right back," Giorno said before heading to the restrooms. Jotaro nodded and stretched a bit.

Although Giorno felt discomfort from having slept terribly on the plane, he was alert enough to watch his surroundings and thus not get lost. He had visited many years ago, but there were too many people and he did not remember where to go.

Except for the huge American flag hanging from the top floor of the airport, it was not quite how he remembered it. With some difficulty, he passed through the crowd that was coming and going to various places; they stopped at customer service, food stalls, and those small stores that were each an attraction that Orlando offered. They looked exciting and tempting, but he didn't intend to buy anything since he would just be spending a few days with his boss's family, which he would honestly settle for.

It didn't take long and feeling refreshed, he left the toilets. Once outside the restroom, he suddenly felt lost.

"Oh, oh..."

He no longer remembered the way he had come from. There were people, yes, but he did not know that such magnitude would make him feel so lost as if he were in another dimension. He had no choice but to try to walk around until he found Jotaro.

...

Meanwhile, with Jolyne and her mom.

While her mom drove them, neither of them said a word. On such occasions, there was always a topic to discuss, but not this time. From time to time, she looked at her daughter in the passenger seat, who sat in complete silence as she rested her chin on her palm, her gaze turned outward.

Not for nothing was she her mom, so she knew Jolyne was nervous. She didn't miss seeing one of Jolyne's fingers twitch from anxiety; she was unable to completely control it.

"Are you nervous, Jojo?" she asked with her gaze facing straight ahead. Jolyne turned, her eyes widening a little as if having a great secret exposed. "You seem restless."

"Who? Me?" She tried to play dumb. "Pff! Of course not, I'm fine. Not like it's the first time I'm seeing my dad."

"First time in two years. My love, it's all right if..."

"I'm not nervous. I mean, maybe it bothers me that after all this time, he thinks he can just waltz back in as if nothing has happened. He's a fool."

"Jotaro is... someone very complicated, but..."

"And is that why you divorced him?" Jolyne snapped with pent up irritation, cutting her mom off. She suddenly realized what she had said.

She looked at her mom, who grimaced. For so long, no one had touched on the subject of the divorce. Jolyne couldn't help but feel stupid. The last thing she wanted was to hurt her mom.

"It's a thing of the past. Whatever our relationship is, it doesn't matter, Jolyne..." she replied with some annoyance. A few seconds ago, she wanted to use words to show her daughter that her father couldn't be as bad as she made him out to be. However, guilt clawed at Jolyne's chest for making the comment. If her daughter resembled her in anything, it was that spiteful side, although the woman would never admit it. There was only one reason she kept in touch with Jotaro, and it could all be boiled down to being for Jolyne's sake, nothing more. The pair never talked about themselves or what they once shared.