Chapter 7

After having talked with Anasui, Jotaro entered the house, feeling strange about what had happened a few moments ago. Allying with the boy with pink hair? He found it hard to believe but perhaps it was also simple. But was it really? Mulling over what the boy had proposed, Jotaro thought that he might not be so stupid after all. Maybe he underestimated Anasui a little.

"Jotaro." His ex-wife looked at him strangely, seeing how dirty and disheveled he was, removing a couple of twigs. "Did you get hit by a tornado?"

"Something like that," he said, downplaying it to be less obvious. "Where is my daughter?"

She was about to respond but immediately fell silent and just looked at him, wondering if she had heard correctly. She hadn't missed that he had referred to Jolyne as his daughter. Although, his face seemed more mortified than "affectionate" or neutral.

"She went shopping with Giorno for some items I requested..."

"Did you send the two of them alone together?" he asked, noting his own discomfort.

"Yes, is there something wrong with that? Jojo knows the way well and Giorno is just accompanying her. Are are okay? I noticed you've been acting a little weird," she told him, a bit worried. That was not the explanation Jotaro needed, but still, he tried to relax.

"It's nothing, I was just wondering where they were." His face returned to a calmer expression as if he didn't care. "I have to go out and get something..."

"Jotaro..." She interrupted.

"What?

"Where are the things I asked you for?" she said, arms crossed, seeing that he had nothing in his hands. To tell the truth, he had taken longer than necessary when she had only sent him to the garage. Aside from that, he was behaving strangely and seemed quite dirty, as if he had rolled around in some bush.

The man just turned towards the exit, silently heading back for the items.

"Just what happened to these two today?"

First, Jolyne was very anxious to know where her father was, and now Jotaro.

"There isn't much actually," Jolyne said, checking what they needed to buy on the list her mother had provided. "Although, we should hurry. My mom may be very patient, but my dad gets irritated with this kind of stuff."

The pair were walking towards what must be a shopping plaza. Giorno wasn't sure, but he felt a sense of déjà vu walking that path.

"I get that, but I never imagined that Mr. Jotaro would agree to something like this. Although, if it's about spending time with family, that's understandable."

Jolyne stopped in her tracks, waiting for him to take a few steps forward before laughing at his disoriented face.

"Giorno, I thought you knew your boss better." She continued walking, catching up to him and matching his pace. "He would never agree to something like this even if the picnic is with "family"." She emphasized the word with her fingers. "If it weren't for my mom, who, like you and me, took him by surprise, he would have refused. The goal was obviously to force him."

"Force him to make you happy?"

Surprised, Jolyne blushed, looking as if she had been discovered.

"What do you mean?" she said, sounding offended. She looked in another direction.

"Oh Jolyne, you don't have to be embarrassed! I haven't known you for long, but unlike Mr. Kujo, you can be so transparent with your emotions. You probably don't mean for it to happen, but it's all obvious. Well, for me at least. You should have seen the happiness on your face when they suggested the picnic," he confessed, looking at her with a smile, remembering how cute she had looked. "How important is it to you?"