[Chapter☆Four] Burnt sushi

After running up various flights of stairs, the two of you reach a blue door labelled 'Luka'. Len knocks on the door in morse code, spelling the word 'LUKA'.

"Yeah?" an elegant, calm voice answers. The door opens a little, and a mature looking pinkette peeks through the small gap.

"Hi, the newbie and I are going to renovate my office a little, and we need some paint..." Len explains.

Luka nods. "I'll go get you some, stay there for a moment..."

The door shuts, and you hear fumbling on the other side. A few moments later, Luka returns, and hands a suitcase to Len.

"This should cover the walls, but if you want, I could grab more from my suppliers." She says, then vanishes again. "Have a nice day."

Len smiles.

"She's in charge of all the supplies in the mansion." He explains. "Rin, Luka, Miku, Kaito, Meiko and I all have a different side role. Rin takes care of merch offers and contracts, Luka takes care of supplies, Miku takes care of the grounds, Kaito takes care of security, Meiko takes care of scheduling and duties, she's like our boss."

"Cool...what about you?" you ask.

"I take care of......actually, that's a secret." He says with a grin.

"Oh."

"You know, it's not like we have all day, so let's get to work, okay?"

You nod eagerly, as you walk back to his office.

When you arrive, he opens up the suitcase. It is filled with various colours, brushes, rollers, and some other painting tools. He takes out a small roller and a brush, passing them to you.

"I want my office to have a theme....maybe....aha! It shall have a theme of reds...like blood reds. That's the main colour." He explains, as you examine the brush. It's a bright red, with long bristles.

You nod.

Maybe he wants to be on the edge of his seat while he works. Maybe he likes horror. Maybe being mistreated has made him a psychopath. It's ok, you're going to be his friend, so you'll support him no matter what.

"We're going to work on the walls. I'll be back to let you know when we're ready for the next step." He says, then takes a few steps back, to observe the box. He frowns, then pulls out a black marker and a piece of paper. He draws a rectangle, with the dimensions of each side carefully measured out.

"We need a few splatters in that corner, and maybe....a few footprints, of different sizes and shapes. Maybe a hair, perhaps a piece of bone. That's it, for now, anyway. Let me know what you come up with." he states, before grabbing a brush and getting to work.

You watch him for a few minutes, trying to grasp an understanding of him and his personality as best as you can. He works in silence, his brush making careful strokes.

You get to work as well, carrying out his requests as best as you can. About an hour later, the two of you step back to observe your progress so far.

The walls have a fresh coat of red paint, and look very fine.

Some of the designs you painted over are a bit rough, but you think it's because you're still getting used to the brush.

Len has painted various bones and

pieces of flesh and skin, blood and gore. He's also painted various warnings and messages, and even faces, some of which are rather creepy.

Len smiles. "This is only the first step. I think you've done a great job, but we still need to work on the finer details. I think we could really have some fun with this, don't you think?" He looks at you. "Come on, let's go grab something to eat!"