!!!!important!!!!!

I just wanted to clarify a few things:

I DO NOT SUPPORT AI-GENERATED STORIES, IMAGES, "ART", ETC.

I made this book to
1) test what it's like to somewhat-regularly update and maintain a story
2) laugh at aidungeon being silly and nonsensical.

I think it's fine to play aidungeon for personal use and or haha funnies, as it is meant to be like an interactive story thingy. I used to use it all the time before they added ads. However, I think there's a difference between that and using things like chat gpt to make stories and/or fanfiction and post it in a serious manner. It's ESPECIALLY not ok to pretend it's your own work, for obvious. That's not only lying, but mixing in thoughtless garbage with carefully crafted stories made with care and intention. Things AI can never become.

I didn't want to kill the mood of this book I wanted to be fun, but I felt the need to clarify this, especially since ai threatens a myriad of creative works, especially fanfiction.

Many text-generating AIs are trained with parts of fanfiction without the writers consent. I don't need to tell you that that's fucked and unethical. People spent time and energy making these fanfics, coming up with ideas to share for free with others who have the same interests and passions, just getting scraped and fed to lifeless machines. Machines that can never make things with intention. With meaning. With care.

How do we stop this?

Unfortunately I don't know.

Just don't give these companies your money, don't use their AIs, and keep reading, writing and supporting real fanfics and their creators.

I haven't drafted this, I'm just typing this all in one go, so I may add more later, or correct some things later.

But on the bright side, more and more ai being more prevalent in everyday life should only increase the value of works made by intentionally by hand, right? So I guess we'll get the last laugh in the end. I hope.

Anyway, I hope your day goes well, and things will look up for you in your future.

See you later! ( ‘⁠ ▿⁠'⁠;⁠)⁠◜⁠✧