Chapter 5

"I heard that Rhysand went mad, that all of his powers went to his head..." A gossiping town square selsmale whispered to his customer. "Apparently the High Lady died, and that is what triggered it."

"I heard that it is the son making a rebellion against his father." The customer said back. "And if you think about it, he must have the power of the Cousebreaker and the High Lord, that is unnatural."

"I just hope High Lord Helion can keep them at bay before it spreads." The salesman continued.

"Do you think they will try to hold a meeting?" The customer leaned over the counter. "On which side do you think The Made sisters are on?"

"One is mated to the General, the other is not even in the Night Court. I heard a rumour that she is living among the humans." The salesman lowered his voice. "But you heard the rumour about the daughter? That she was sleeping around when she was here to visit. Maybe she acted as a distractions on her fathers command..." Nyx walked away from the conversation he had been eavesdropping on.

They had been in the Day Court for a month and desperately tried to get a meeting with Helion. But to no avail. All their requests were denied, Gina's quite spectacular attempt to fly into the palace ended with her crashing into an invisible shield and being fished out of the water by Noel and Nyx. Instead they moved around the town under the palace, listening in on the gosip of what was happening. Heion had helped them, he knew what had happened, but the gossip told a different story.

Nyx walked back to the tent setup they had outside of town. It wasn't big, but for Nyx, it was what he needed right now. Noel had placed a pot over the fire and some sort of food was being made, not far away Gina was training. Nyx placed down the few things he had purchased as a cover for walking around the market, bread, chese, and some fruit. Noel looked up at him, and shook his head at Nyx's less than excited expression.

"Nothing new?" He asked as he stirred the pot.

"Nothing new... Not even a new story." Nyx sat down, the sound form Gina's training came to an end, and the Illyrian came up to them.

"So, what are we doing now?" Noel asked. "We can't stay here for much longer."

"I know... I just... I have no plans at all right now." He broke off a piece of the bread and started to eat.

"Me and Gina can stay if you need to get back. Maybe you can bring Azriel?" Noel suggested.

"I don't think he wants to leave Gwyn. And it is better that I am staying behind. You can't glamur your wings without me. And two Illyrians here might make things more difficult." Nyx rested his head in his palms. "Fly back tonight, I will make a final attempt tomorrow."

"If you are staying, I am staying." Gina said, crossing her arms. "As we have told you before, you are not alone."

But I am... Nyx thought to himself. "I know, But stay here tomorrow. Then we go back to the Camp, and try at the Winter Court."

"Sounds like a plan." Noel lifted the spon from the pot to taste the food. Only to badly hide a face of disgust. "Yea... I am not a good cook..."

"You are the best of us three." Gina scooped some of the stew in a bowl. "And far better than Feyre."

"That is not hard..." Nyx said back and a hint of a smile came over him. "She could brun an egg."

"She did burn tree eggs as I remembered it." Gina started to laugh out loud as she spoke. "Put them in a pan to boil them but she forgot the water."

"Well boiling eggs is not a requirement for saving the world." Noel continued. "She said that, remember?" A sting of sorrow hit Nyx at the reminder.

"Yes, yes she did." The laughter died out, leaving a silence filled with sorrow.