Lifetime (RiRi)

Finally, after years of being abroad, Ri Jeong-hyeok takes his first step back in his homeland. Taking a deep breath as the breeze messes with his hair making him sweep it back. "I'm back, Se-ri. I'm finally back." He says, as he stretches his body one last time before he gets in the car.

30 minutes into the drive, Jeong-hyeok notices he wasn't headed to the place he wanted to go to. "Didn't I say we're heading to Daegu when I texted you last night?" Jeong-hyeok complains, his eyes staring out the window, unamused.

His driver apologizes and turns the car to the highway. "Aren't there any connecting flights to Daegu, Sir?"

"I opt to go on a long drive, and I am aware this will take long." Jeong-hyeok replies, glaring at his driver via the rear-view mirror. His driver does nothing but nod knowing he might get fired if he annoys his boss.

"And." Ri Jeong-hyeok raises his index finger before he continues, his baritone voice sending shivers to his driver's spine. "Try finding a flower shop when we arrive at Daegu." Closing his eyes out of exhaustion from his previous flight.

-

"Sir, we're here." His driver wakes him up. Knocking on his window from the outside.

Ri Jeong-hyeok slowly blinks his eyes open as he rolls the window down. "Move." He sternly says, before opening the car door once his driver was out of the way. Entering the flower shop the owner greets him. "Do you have Peonies available?"

"Yes, we do." The owner replies, "Bouquet or just a single one?"

"Bouquet please."

Nodding to Jeong-hyeok's reply, the owner takes a bunch of peonies and starts to wrap them up. "You know, even with their simple fabulous look it's filled with meanings. They symbolize love, honor, happiness, wealth, romance, and beauty. I'm assuming the person you're giving this to is a very special person." Ri Jeong-hyeok starts looking at the peonies wistfully. Tears starting to well up.

"Yes, she definitely is."

"Here you are." The owner hands him the bouquet before he sniffs the peonies. The sweet scent invading his nose.

After he pays he thanks the owner and heads out.

-

Arriving at his destination, a little girl greets him as he gets out of the car. "Apppaaaaa! I missed youuu." Throwing herself onto him almost making Jeong-hyeok topple over.

"I've missed you too." He replies before pinching his daughter's cheeks. "You've gotten bigger, My Love. I guess Halmeoni's been spoiling you huh?" Standing up to carry her into the house while the little girl nods.

Jeong-hyeok greets his in-laws as he enters the living room. "Could I bring Se-eun somewhere?" He asks shyly while the two elders laugh at him.

"Jeong-hyeok-ah, you don't need to ask for any permission. You're her father." His Eommoni replies while Jeong-hyeok gives them a bow.

-

"Yeobo, you're home." Yoon Se-ri greets her husband as he enters their apartment. Nearing her, he captures her lips, sweetly. Her lips tasting a bit of Kimchi Jjigae.

"Are you cooking?" Scrunching his nose trying to identify the scent the kitchen reeked.

She shows him a shy smile, "Yes. I've bene craving it and I saw we had the ingredients to be able to make it so I did." She continues, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Come on let's eat. It's all ready."

Finishing their food, Se-ri heads to their bedroom grabbing something. "Love." She says from the room.

"What is it?"

"I have something for you." Returning from their room with a small box in hand.

Quirking his eyebrow at her, he asks with curiosity, "What is that?"

Placing the box in front of him, she tells him, "Open it." Her eyes sparkling, a bright smile appears on her face.

Lips quivering, he asks her, "Is this true? I'm gonna be an appa?"

(Ctto)

Tears slowly streaming down her face, Se-ri nods. "Yes, Hyeokki." She puts his hand on her stomach, the bump not yet visible, "We have a little bean in there."

-

"Se-eun-na, stay here alright. Appa's gonna be quick." Jeong-hyeok tells Se-eun with the bouquet of flowers in hand while the little girl nods before diverting her attention to her doll.

She was finally in his gaze. After years of waiting, she was there. His eyes starting to well up as he places the flowers onto the gravestone with her name 'Yoon Se-ri'

"Hello, My Love." He starts off, tears already threatening to fall. "How are you up there? I'm missing you so much. Little Se-eun's grown so much, she's your spitting image." He proudly says. "Eommoni says she's been doing well in school too." Kneeling down to reach her gravestone, his tears start flowing down as he starts to speak, "My Love, I'm sorry. If I were just there that day you would've made it. I'm sorry for not fighting for our love, I'm sorry if I chose to follow my father instead of returning back her." His lips quivering. "Now that I'm back, I promise you I'll love our daughter, for infinity and beyond. 'Till then, I'll pray we'll meet in our next life, that time, I pray we'll have enough time to spend our lives together, I love you so much, more than I can explain, Yoon Se-ri."

______________

A/N:

Hello Everyone! Sorry I haven't been active for quite a while. Life's been hard and Writer's block got the best of me. And I still can't believe our OTP's getting married this month 😭 For now, I'll try my best to return with updates ☺️

'Till the next.
Love you all!