A Chance (TaeChae)

A/N: A short TaeChae AU oneshot for all of you! Might be my last update until BinJin's March To Forever

He's on a date again. Min Tae-gu is waiting at a 5 star hotel's restaurant for his blind date to come. After years of going on dates, to which none have been successful.

Wearing a Tom Ford O'Connor Wool Base Suit that he purposely bought for the date. Sure, he was a man with needs and he'd take a woman to bed if she was willing to and he only abided to one rule. Never do it without the woman's permission. And his blind dates always went to that situation.

Sipping on his wine, he notices a woman walking to him. He fixes his hair last minute, in attempt to look presentable. As the woman nears him, he rubs his, not believing what he was seeing. Is that Chae-yoon? He thought to himself.

The last time he had seen her was 10 years ago when she left him all alone in the rain as he tried stopping her to leave.

That was 10 years ago and this woman
approaching him looked way different. From her style and her looks. Especially her hair. He knew how much she despised having long hair.

The woman finally arrived, before sitting down, she asks him. "Min Tae-gu?"

That was all he needed. Her voice. It hasn't changed any bit.

Standing up, he replies, his voice raising an octave higher. "Do not mess with me, Ha Chae-yoon." He immediately feels her hand on his arm.

He gently lifts her hand, removing her touch from his body. "Stop it, Chae-yoon. I am not dealing with this. You chose what you chose that night and you chose yourself." He tells her before he walks away from her.

"Min Tae-gu, please." Chae-yoon shouts, pleading at him as she follows him until he gets into the elevator. She knew where he was headed. And right there and then, she made a decision. To run after him, despite the flight of stairs she was about to face, in heels.

///

Panting, Chae-yoon opens the door to the rooftop of the building. She searches around for a while, shouting his name.

And she does find him, in a state where no one would expect him to be in. Sitting down in a corner, his hair disheveled and his eyes bloodshot from crying.

Chae-yoon slowly approaches him, calling his name gently. "Tae-gu-a..." Slowly putting her arm on his shoulder.

Tae-gu slowly removes her hand. "Chae-yoon...why?" He grabs her by the shoulders, shaking her. "Why Chae-yoon? Why?" He cries out.

Chae-yoon avoids his gaze. "I'm sorry, Tae-gu."

Tae-gu scoffs. "Your sorry can't remove the pain I've felt, Chae-yoon. It can't erase the pain you've given me. If you loved me, you would've stayed."

She looks down. "It was for you, Tae-gu. Not for me."

"For me? No, Chae-yoon. If it was for me you would've stayed."

"Your parents despised me, Tae-gu. To the depths. Just imagine what they'd say if they knew I fell pregnant out of wedlock." That was what triggered the tears that were threatening to fall in Chae-yoon's eyes.

"Then why did you leave me if you pregnant?" It finally hit him when the words slipped out of his mouth. Chae-yoon fell pregnant and left him. "Chae-yoon, why didn't you tell me." He says, helping her stand up.

"Your parents would upright disown you the moment they find out."

"I loved you, Chae-yoon! And you loved me too."

"I do, Tae-gu. But I didn't have a choice. I'm really sorry, Tae-gu."

"Your sorry won't return the time and pain you've caused, Chae-yoon."

"Please, Tae-gu. I'm sorry. Give me one more chance to prove my love for you." She clung onto him.

"I admit, I loved you, Chae-yoon. Loved. It's in the past tense, Chae-yoon. I used to love you, but I can't love you once again. I've forgiven you, a long time ago. But I won't be able to give you a second chance. I'm sorry."

///

WAAH! WAAH! WAAH!

Chae-yoon gasps as she wakes up hearing cries from the another room. She immediately feels that her cheeks are wet. She wipes them, sighing in relief. "That was all a dream." She assures herself.

Heading to the room beside theirs, Chae-yoon greets the baby boy that was wide awake, crying. "Hello, Soo-jun-a. What happened to my little boy? Is he hungry?" She says, comforting the baby as she picks her up. Moving to the rocking chair as she detects that he is hungry and it's time for his feeding time.

She slightly falls asleep for a few minutes as Soo-jun calms down in her arms with a bottle in his.

She feels her eyes open as the lights turn on, "You're here." Tae-gu's baritone voice mentions.

"Yeah. Soo-jun needed to feed." She stands up as he captures her in embrace.

"Thank you for giving me another chance." She whispers.

"For you, and for little guardian angel, Yeon-ji." He says.