Ch 7

Alex's pov:

".................."

I found it difficult to stay awake, my eyes refusing to stay open for very long.  I would be able to open them for a minute, but would close them shortly after that.  My head was throbbing badly and was making it hard to think clearly.

Through the times I was awake, I attempted to remember what happened before this.  My memories were cloudy and hazy, but I was able to pick out a few pieces from them.

I was somewhere, a place with lots of people around me, and I think I was working with a group.  We went and followed someone somewhere else and then it was all blank.  Anything else after that is unclear and unknown to me. 

".................."

Moving around was also a difficult thing to do.  I barely had enough space to move my limbs around slightly.  It was very dark, and I couldn't see myself during the moments of consciousness.  Wherever I was, it was also very hot.  It wasn't as hot as the temperatures of a fire, but it was like I was in a car in the middle of a summer day. 

"Al.................."

I could say that with each time I woke up, I could feel myself becoming more awake.  Compared to the first time I opened my eyes, I believed the periods I was unconscious were becoming shorter.  My memories were returning and I could remember what happened but with more detail.  But it was also more awake because I thought I was starting to hear something.

"Al.........ake......"

There it was again.  The sounds of someone talking echoed in my head.  I found it strange since I wasn't hearing it from my ears.  It sounded like the sounds were coming from my own head.  The sound of the voice seemed familiar to me, but I couldn't remember who it was.  I wanted to know where it was coming from, and the only way to do that was to get out of wherever I was.

The first thing I did was move my hands and feet around to see how I could move them.  They felt strange and unusual for some reason, but I could still move them.  I felt around and could feel the walls that kept me trapped here.  How durable were these walls?  I was going to find out shortly.

Clenching my hand into a fist, I threw it against the closest area of the wall.  The punch was very weak as my muscles were weak and tired, but I wasn't stopping there.  I took turns between punching and kicking the walls that trapped me.

'Crrk.'

After a little bit, my work was beginning to pay off as a faint crack echoed around me.  I felt around the walls and found the area that felt off due to the thin crack that was there.  Picturing where the crack was, I continued my weak hits against the cracked wall. 

'Crrek.' 

Another cracking sound could be heard, and this time, it allowed a sliver of light to enter inside.  I didn't stop to look through as I would have a better view if I continued. 

'Crekk!'

The cracks continued to grow and more light was leaking through.

'Crack!'

With enough hits, the cracks had spread around a lot of my container.  Light was seeping through many of them, and I believed one more would do it.  With one last punch, my fist broke through and I was greeted with a blinding light. 

I quickly closed my eyes, shielding them from the lights.  I knew they probably weren't as bright as I thought they were, but staying in my container made me used to the darkness.  I would wait to open my eyes, but I wouldn't wait to get out.