𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁

chapter fourthe past and the current

When you were younger, you always admired the heroes

When you were younger, you always admired the heroes. They were the ones bringing smiles on people's faces in dark times, saving people and making the world a better place. They went through fire for people, have buildings collapse onto them, and all that to save the people in need, to make the city safe again.

You wanted to be like that too.

You have wanted to be hero since a young age, and it was the thing you wanted the most in life.

It started when you were five years old. You were watching the television with your dad on a Saturday morning. There was just been a huge fight between a large group of villains and the heroes of your town. It was happening in the centre, many people needing to be evacuated and saved.

You had always admired heroes and you liked All Might a lot, so seeing him help on the television was amazing. That day you were even wearing pyjamas of him, almost blending in with the heroes (you thought you did as the five year old you were).

When you saw the television after jumping off the couch and cheering for all the heroes, you eyes widened. There were so many heroes seen on the screen. They saved the town and captured loads of villains. They couldn't get all, but they captured a lot so that was better than nothing.

One hero in particular caught your eye that day– he wasn't even that noticeable among the group of heroes.

He was wearing dark clothing, was standing in the corner of the whole group while people cheered the heroes on. He didn't look that happy, but you had heard from him before.

It was Eraserhead.

That specific day was the day you decided to become a hero.

You had always thought you and Eraserhead were a bit similar. He had a quirk that relies on something else than combat. Most quirks can be used in combat, and the top heroes usually have power quirks as well.

All Might for example, he had been the number one for years. His power was intense, he could carry buildings and help those in need with the biggest smile always on his face.

But Eraserhead was different, just like you.

Both of you have a quirk that has to do something with your eyes. Eraserhead can erase quirks when looking at that person, and you can analyse someone when looking at them. The person in question needs to be in sight for that to happen.

It's not a power quirk at all. These are good quirks, but has nothing to do with the power you can add yourself to kick, hit or push someone. You need your other skills to capture someone, punch them with your own physical strength.