Chapter 18

FINAL CHAPTER

The next morning, Gina awoke to the phone ringing, she ran down to the kitchen sense nobody seemed to be picking up the phone. She groaned still half asleep, she picked up the phone to hear a frantic Ida on the other end.

"Gina! Gina where are you?!'' Gina checked her watch,

" I'm at my house...sleeping..."

"I told you we couldn't trust him!" Gina sighed in frustration as she knew what Ida meant. " My dad lost his job!" Gina was now fully awake as Ida ranted. " You know how my father stupidly gave Chuck a small job at his work? Well now they think he's stolen money." she explained.

"They think Chuck stole money?" Gina asked worriedly, she could tell Ida was rolling her eyes over the phone.

" No you idiot, they think my dad stole money!" Gina shook her head,
'' How's that Chuck's fault?" Ida scoffed,
" Because Chuck obviously framed him!"

" But how-''

" My dad didn't steal anything! Chuck did, the only way Chuck could get away with it is using Magic!" Gina thought about it for a second, it made sense, that would be the only way but Chuck wouldn't do that, would he?

" I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding-"

" He stole my Morbium seed too!" she cut her off again, Gina fettled with her bracelet that held her seed.

" What? When?'' She picked up a green apple examining it,
" Last night! I found him in the park and confronted him and he stole it then." Gina bit the inside of her cheek, she sighed and closed her eyes, not fully believing Ida.

" Okay, come over at 1:00 PM, tell Becky too. We'll sort this out." She told her, Ida agreed and hung up the phone. Gina held her breath as she looked at the cookbook and then back at the green apple she was holding up.

__________________________

" We need to do something! This is getting out of control!" Becky exclaimed pacing around Gina's kitchen. Ida slipped through the book, her face lit up as she came across the recipe,
" Can't Recall Carmel Apple! That's it,'' Ida jumped out of the seat to show Becky and Gina.

" What's that?" Becky asked as they peered over Ida to see the book.
" It's a recipe that will make him forget magic," Gina answered for Ida, " I seen it a couple weeks ago.''

" Well perfect! Let's cook it!'' Becky cheered, Gina looked back at the apples she'd been examining early that morning.
" I don't know, what if something, dreadful happens.'' Gina worried,
" Nothing dreadful will happen." Ida mocked Gina's interesting vocabulary for a 14 year old girl.

She tilted her head and held back a little smile, " Come on, let's go get the ingredients." Becky grabbed her arm and pulled her to the door, Ida followed and closed it behind them as they left for the store.

---------------------------------------------

Becky walked in to the kitchen, Gina was already there shinning the apple. Ida, right behind Becky held the bag of ingredients.

" When does your mom get home?" Becky asked walking over Gina,
" Not for a few hours."
" Let's get started," Gina nodded while Becky grabbed some dishes.

They started to prepare the Ingredients and dishes as Gina still felt a sharp pain of worry in her chest.

" Are we sure we should do this?" Gina asked again.