𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Lexi, call 911. Just give them her whole government name. Say 'Stacey Louis Montgomery is out again'. Got that?" Rue said as she brought two fingers to Stacey's neck where her pulse was beating, a little too fast. It was probably because of all of the anxiety. 

"Alright." Lexi said, already ringing 911. They picked up on the second ring and Lexi repeated what Rue had told her to say. Immediately, the dispatcher called out an ambulance and a squad car out to East Highland High School after Lexi reported that was where they were.

An announcement was sent through the intercom telling students to stay in the classroom and the teachers to prohibit them from trying. Naturally, it didn't work and the sounds of curious kids filled the hallways. Less than 10 minutes later, authorities rushed into the girl's bathroom and carefully picked Stacey up and put her into a gurney they had brought with them. Trying hard to rush Stacey out of the school, two policemen urged kids to move out of the way. They did move, but they also took plenty of pictures and started posting on their social media feeds.

"I want to join her." Lexi said as they loaded her into the back of the ambulance. 

"Sorry, family and partners only." One of the men stated with sympathy.

"I'm her girlfriend." Those words escaped Lexi's lips before she could stop them. She wanted to be with Stacey as she went through shit. She wanted to go through hell with her. Lexi fell in love too. 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

After arriving at the hospital, Stacey was rushed into the ER and Lexi was left in the waiting room. Jules and I had gotten to the hospital about 30 minutes later since we went to Dunkin' Donuts on our bikes, thinking the caffeine would help. 

Not long after, Suze Howard (Lexi's mother), David Vaughn (Jules' dad) and my own mother and sister had rushed into the waiting room panicking until their eyes rested on all of us.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

While Suze, David, and Leslie Bennett went to comfort their kids and check up on them. "What's wrong, why are all of you here?" Rue's mom had asked. "She went through it again." The teen replied. "What do you mean again? What happened?" Lexi asked, turning away from her mother.

"Shit, Lexi, I don't think she'd want me to tell you." "Rue, you have to, please I'm scared." Lexi pleaded as she went over and held her best friend's hands. "Lexi..." "Rue..." "Who's Stacey's guardian?"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Thank god the nurse had called someone for Stacey. But she was alone. Her mom was still in Hawaii and it's not illegal, but not morally right for a 17-year-old to live alone in a huge ass house that is owned by a known alcoholic and drug addict. We all knew she was fucking screwed. Well, the ones who knew what was up. Meaning my mom, Suze, and myself. 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Oh... uh her mom's actually on her honeymoon so she's staying with us." Suze announced, gently pulling her worried daughter back. The nurse nodded and asked Suze to follow her before telling Lexi to stay behind, worry plastered on her face. She rolled her eyes and slumped into the nearest seat with her leg aggressively bouncing from anxiety.