𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐌𝐞

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Lexi sniffed and stood up abruptly, confusing Stacey. "I have to get to the auditorium!" She gasped. Hurriedly, Lexi kissed her girlfriend on the cheek and ran towards the doors heading to the theater doors. Stacey smiled and shook her head before skipping down the steps and calmly walking down the street, heading back to the house. 

Montgomery observed the grooves of the sidewalk and the way each stone fit into the cement, some more than the others. She took in and analyzed every blade of grass, seeming as if she was only paying attention to that, and not the lurking man behind her. 

"What do you want Nathaniel?" She asked as she turned around to raise an eyebrow at the 6"5 teenager. Stacey was always upfront when it came to someone pissing her off, especially Nate. "You and Cassie aren't particularly friends, right?" He drawled. "What is she crushing on me or some shit? Can't shut the fuck up about me?" Stacey scoffed.

Nate rolled his eyes. Deep down, he was always somewhat scared of this specific girl. She had been in a psychiatric ward for much of her childhood, even after she moved to East Highland with her mother. He respected her, but not enough for him to leave her alone. 

"Yeah right, so since you guys aren't like best friends, why are you dating her sister?" "We're not dating." "Then what was that kiss?" "Girls kiss each other sometimes." "You can't get me with that bullshit, Stacey." 

Fuck, she thought.

"What are you gonna do about it then?" She shrugged in defeat. "Nothing, yet." "What the hell do you mean by that?" "What's in Lexi's play?" 

Stacey had thought of a million things Nate could ask for and info about her girlfriend's prized play wasn't something she thought would be about. "Her play?" She asked incredulously. Nate nodded. "Why do you even wanna know?" "I heard the play's about all of us, I don't want my business being out for the fucking world." "Big talk for someone who's dating his ex's once best friend." Stacey scoffed.

In a swift move, Nate grabbed her by the neck and squeezed. "Didn't learn anything from Maddy did you?" She smiled menacingly, causing him to let go almost in an instant. Stacey let out a breath of relief, "Now what makes you think I'd do shit for you after that crap you pulled." "I'll tell Cassie. Shit's gonna go down for you and Lexi." 

The girl didn't know what to do. She didn't want anything bad to happen to Lexi, but she's also not gonna go down with a fight. Stacey knew she wasn't a coward. "When do I have until?"

"Tomorrow."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

- Time skip to the afternoon -

The two girls were watching Finding Dory together, Stacey's favorite movie as it reminded her of when her childhood was innocent and pure. The Howard sister was playing with her girlfriend's hair as their arms were wrapped around each other, illuminated by the blue lights coming from the TV.

"Lex?" She whispered, her voice muffled by Lexi's green sweater. "Yes?" "Can I ask you a question?" "What's up?" "What's the play about?" Stacey asked. Lexi tilted her head and smiled as well as rolled her eyes playfully. "You'll just need to find out, loser." Stacey scoffed and sunk her head into her girlfriend's clothes. 

"Fineeeee... then what would you do if Cassie found out we were dating?" Lexi perked her head up, confused by that question. "Why?" "I just wanna know if you'd be fine with it, like if she ever found out." "Honestly, I don't really care as much anymore." "Why not?"

Lexi sat up and it caused Stacey to groan, but the introverted girlfriend cupped the other's face and pressed a soft kiss on her forehead before holding her closer. "Cause I have you, Stace." She smiled.

Stacey smiled back before feeling that all too familiar pit in her throat. "I can't- I can't, Lexi." "Are you freaking out again?" "Yeah..."

Lexi got out of the bed and tucked Stacey in, fluffing the pillow so it supported her neck and went into the bathroom and turned on the sink. Grabbing a washcloth, she ran it under some cold water and went back to her girlfriend, laying it on her forehead. 

"Why do you get like this, Stace?" She asked softly. "It's a night full of questions, huh?" Stacey shrugged.

Smiling, Lexi laid next to Stacey and wrapped her arm around her girlfriend. "Goodnight, Stacey." 

"Goodnight." 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞
----------
𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟕𝟒𝟓 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───