Two

After that week had passed it was the day they had been waiting for they were heading to Richmond Virginia. Emily packed one suitcase full of normal clothes and then made sure she had her soccer bag full with her soccer captain jacket, jerseys, cleats, padding, and helmet. It took her under thirty minutes to pack, she had always known how to pack fast.

Jennifer on the other hand took her two hours to pack and she knew it would so she started packing early. She made sure to pack two outfits for every occasion, you could never be over-prepared but you could be underprepared she thought of that, Roslyn told her that. After getting her regular clothes done, she made her way to her soccer bag making sure she had her soccer captain jacket, jerseys, cleats, and her shin guards. After she made sure she had everything she took her bags down to the car.

The team was saying goodbye to their parents before leaving. Emily opted out to leave a letter too her mom, she also texted it to her just in case she wasn't back home before Emily returned.

"Mother, I'm heading to Richmond Virginia for the next week my team made it into the state championship and we hope to make it to nationals as well. I know you probably won't be home until I'm back or after that so that's why I'm texting you. If you do make it home there's also this in a note form, on the kitchen island, I love you and I hope when I get back I get to too tell you we are going to Nationals too! - Emily P.

Emily asked for her chauffeur Lance to drive her to school even though she can drive she didn't wanna have to leave her car at school for a week, so he happily said yes and did so. As they pulled up to school, Emily saw Jennifer's parent's car.

"Mom and dad don't leave yet I want Emily to say bye to you guys as well." Jennifer said smiling. "Of course honey, bring her over here." Jennifer's dad Tom said with a smile. Jennifer's mother Mary smiled indicating that she was gonna wait for Emily. Jennifer made her way to Emily's car. Emily was getting out of the car with her bags when she saw Jennifer a couple of feet ahead of her.
"Emily comes to say bye to my parents." Jennifer said sticking out a hand to Emily.
She hesitated "Are you sure?" Emily asked.
"Emily they love you as their own come on." She said still holding her hand out.

Emily happily followed after hearing the reassurance from Jennifer. Once they got to the car Emily said her goodbye's to Jennifers' parents earning a hug from Mary and a kiss on the forehead from Tom. Jennifer also gave her parents one last hug before she grabbed her bags and she and Emily made their way to the bus. They put their bags in the bottom compartment of the bus and then actually made their way onto the bus. They chose a seat on the left side of the bus, Jennifer taking the window seat, and Emily taking the aisle seat. Emily loved the window seat but she knew Jennifer loved it too, so she always had Jennifer sit by the window

Jennifer and Emily weren't the first ones to arrive. Monica and Stephanie were there before them, Monica being there before because her dad was the coach, and Stephanie with her. After all, they were best friends . Then Lola arrived, with Emma, Janiyah, Harper, and Anya following shortly after. Casey and Layla were the last to arrive. The bus driver did attendance then-coach did attendance after her.

"Girls I know there's not snacks here so we're gonna stop at the gas station please keep your purchases under 10$ each." Coach said.

All the girls were excited to hear that we were gonna stop at the gas station. We all quickly got out. Emily offered to pay for half of it but coach said no, she didn't stop there she said she would pay for her snacks and Jennifer's snacks. He said that would be okay but no more spending money on group things, it took her a second but she agreed. Emily knew she had money so she liked to be able to pay for things and especially things like this.

After our transactions, we made it back to the bus.

Emily got beef jerky, water, and a protein bar. Jennifer got Doritos with some skittles and a water. Emily and Jennifer didn't know what everyone else got. The bus ride was nice and quiet there were songs playing, but when a good one came on we all sang.

Emily could tell that I was tired so she lifted our armrests and told me to lay down on her lap and nap for a little while, I did exactly that. When I woke up we had about twenty minutes left until we would arrive at the hotel.  I look up to see Emily smiling down at me while she played with my hair as she used to Jennifer thought to herself. She had been wanting to talk to Emily about their feelings that had made their way back into her life but didn't know how Emily would react to that. She decided to do it anyway.

"Emily." Jennifer said softly not to bother her now sleeping, teammates.

"Yeah what's going on are you okay?" Emily asked sweetly.

"I'm fine, but I wanted to talk to you."

"About what?" Emily was getting nervous.

"About us" Jennifer said softly.

"Alright girls we're here, I need you to slowly make your way out of the bus make sure you grab everything. Then wait for me outside next to the bag compartment. Coach said waking up all of the sleeping girls. Emily and Jennifer kinda just looked at each other until Emily got up and grabbed all the trash around her. She also offered to grab Jennifer's bags for her. Jennifer happily agreed but said she would carry her soccer bag.

After the bus was inspected by Coach the girls were told to grab their bags. They grabbed their bags thanked the bus driver and then made their way inside the hotel.

Everyone's reactions were the same, all you could hear from the group was a string of "wow."

word count 1,084