Six

Jennifer was putting up one hell of a fight when she got a corner kick no matter how she kicked the ball the other team always got a hold of it, it was making her angry, to say the least.

The other team had called a timeout, this is the only time that Jennifer had appreciated their efforts. Once the team made it to the sidelines they got a new play from coach, but before they blew the whistle Emily stopped Jennifer "Hey don't let them get into your head, you are the best soccer player there is." With that, the whistle was blown and Emily smiled at Jennifer before she ran back onto the field,  Jennifer smiled back even when she knew that Emily couldn't see her.

Jennifer was playing as hard as she could and then some like she had said earlier, in fact, her whole team was. She was beyond proud, The game was coming to an end they had one last shot to get the ball past their goalie. They made that shot. Bringing the score up 3-2 they had beat these Catholic girls once again. After the handshakes, the team made their way back into the locker rooms.

"I can't begin to explain how proud I am of you guys, I asked you guys to play hard and you did just that. We beat those girls. You guys are incredible. I'm so proud of you. Don't get too ahead of yourselves we still have two more games but enjoy this moment. Thank you guys again for playing your hardest you guys did impress me. Jennifer said smiling at every one of her teammates.

"Thank you, for pushing us to be better JJ," Casey said Smiling.

"I think I can speak for all of us but you are a pretty amazing captain JJ," Monica said.

"But Emily we can't forget about you, if you weren't here we also wouldn't have won thank you," Stephanie said following Monica's words.

Emily looked at Jennifer and she nodded silently telling Emily to continue.

"Thank you and I speak for me and JJ when I say we are a team we wouldn't be here without you or you." She said pointing to two girls. "I think you get my point but I want to say thank you, yes all of you for being here and being the best you can be. It shows how's strong we are and how much stronger we can become. Emily said.

The speeches ended the girls changed and grabbed their bags. Jennifer did one last sweep of the locker room to make sure they didn't forget anything. Once she was done she made it to the field and caught up with her team.

They made it to their awning and saw a picnic set out for them, the girls sat down and started eating their food. About fifteen minutes later coach had interrupted the girls who were enjoying their food. "Jennifer could you join me for a second please."
Coach said. Jennifer got up scared out of her mind about what was about to happen next.

Coach walked her up to a random lady and then walked away. The lady stuck her hand out for Jennifer to shake, Jennifer shook her hand. "Hello Jennifer my name is Grace Kelly and I am with Stanford University's soccer program. Would you like to take a walk with me?" The scout asked her. "Yeah of course," Jennifer responded as she nervously fidgeted with the necklace hanging around her neck.

"So as you know I'm with Stanford University, have you ever thought about attending?" Grace said.

"I have been looking around at local colleges, but I would consider attending Stanford," Jennifer replied happily still not taking her hands off that necklace.

"That's good, I came here today to invite you on a tour of our campus and most importantly our soccer department. There are some more people there that want to talk to you." Grace said smiling.

"Thank you, I will consider this and contact the school for an appointment," Jennifer said graciously.

"Thank you for your time, Jennifer, may you have a great day," Grace said holding out her hand for me to shake, I shook her hand, and then she proceeded to walk back to her car and I walked back to my team.

I had so many thoughts on my walk back to the team. Does Stanford want me or is this just a scheme to get me to attend there? California is a long way from home. How am I going to afford that? So many thoughts clouded her mind until she made it back to the picnic.

word count: 793