Fifteen

Emily parked on the outskirts of her favorite spot and sent a text to her favorite person.

Jen <3

Are you awake?

Yes, I am what's up?

Can you meet me at our spot?

Um yeah? I'll be there soon.

Jennifer was confused about Emily wanting to meet at their spot she honestly didn't have a clue in her mind on why. Emily, on the other hand, had everything on her mind, after texting Jennifer she opened her car door, grabbed the blanket and chips, and made her way down the path.

Emily had first layed the blanket down then sat the chips down, finally, she lowered herself on the ground then onto her back. She layed there waiting for the only person she wanted to be there with her. It didn't take long for that to happen.

After about 10 minutes of laying there she heard leaves rustling, she propped herself up onto her elbow and turned around. "Hey come lay with me." Jennifer smiled and went to lay down with Emily.

The two layed there in their field, watching the sunset.

Jennifer was the first one to break the silence.

"Em, why are we here?"

"I wanted to see you, and I wanted to talk to you as well"

Jennifer smiled and responded.

"About what?" Asking Emily another question.

"Everything."

Jennifer and Emily maintained eye contact as they both sat up. Emily took ahold of both of the blonde's hands.

"I'm sorry Jennifer, for all of it. I'm sorry that I couldn't express how I felt about you. I knew that I had liked you, but I didn't know how to tell you. Communication is easier for me now, I still struggle with it though but I wanna learn how to get better."

Jennifer could tell she wasn't finished so she just squeezed her hands signaling for the brunette to continue talking.

Emily wasn't nervous she may have been deep down but she had felt amazing about everything happening at this moment.

"Jennifer, you are amazing and I know I say that all the time but it's to remind you that you truly are. I also wanted to tell you that I like you. I know how to tell you now and it's freeing." Emily said as she started to cry.

"Hey come here," Jennifer said as she pulled Emily onto her lap. Emily layed her head in the crook of her neck and just let the blonde hold her as she cried.

"Em, thank you for telling me that, I know that it wasn't easy. This isn't all on you, I had problems expressing my emotions and feelings as well. Not in the same way but I did. It took me a long time to be able to express my emotions and I still struggle with it. We can learn to grow in those ways together. Em, I had always liked you too. Well, let me rephrase that, I like you, like a lot." Jennifer said still holding the brunette.

Emily pulled away from the comforting arms of the blonde with tear-stained cheeks.

"Are you serious, do you mean all of that?"