Truth hurts

As Selena helps her girls out of her car I take both of the twins up to the porch of our mom's house. Parker sits next to them on the porch when I knock on the door. The door flies open and mom launches into my arms. "Oh I'm so happy you're here!" She exclaims.

"Hi mom." I laugh. " Could you and dad take the twins into the house while I help Selena with her girls?" Mom nods and goes to fetch dad. Parker follows her while I help my sister take Lacey out of her carseat. With Lacey on my hip and Lauren on my back we make our way into the house where I find mom already taking one of the twins out of their seat.

"Which ones this?" She asks, handing him to dad and moving to get the other out.

"The one dad's holding is Jasper and the one you're holding is Jonah." I tell her.

"Oh I love those names." She says stroking Jonah's sweet little cheek.

"How are you Parker?" Dad asks, bouncing Jasper a little.

"Good. Little brothers keep mommy up a lot so she's always tired." He tells him from his spot on the couch next to Lacey.

"Well that's all part of the process, little bear. Mommy has to take care of your brothers just like she has to take care of you." Dad tells him. I mouth 'thank you' and he smiles back at me. "Why don't we all go out back and let the women talk for a while?" Dad offers. All of the kids cheer and run outside with dad. Parker holds Laceys hand as they head out.

"They seem to really love each other." Mom comments. I smile.

"Yeah. They're so cute together. Parker even lets her cuddle with him which he never does." Moms eyes linger on the two kids for a little which longer before she pulls her eyes away and smiles

"So, what do you want to do first?"

I know making cookies at grandma's house is so cliche but at the moment I didn't care. I greedily savord the feeling of my family all around me. Dad plays with all of his grandkids outside except for the twins because they're too little. So instead they both sit in their bouncers and watch the world around them. "So how many are you and Roman planning on having?" Mom asks as she rolls a cookie ball in her hands.

"I don't know. We talked about it but I think we both agreed we'd have kids until we got a girl." I shrug.

"Well that shouldn't take too long. Your sister here only has girls." Mom comments.

"I'd have more but Alex said he was done." Selena pouts. I laugh.

"I really don't care how many I have just that I get a girl. That might sound really bad but I've always dreamed of having a little girl to take shopping and hold when she has her first heartbreak." I shrug again and plop some cookies in my mouth.

"I know I was happy to have you two girls." Mom giggles.

"Why did you and dad stop having kids at two? Usually she-wolfs want a lot more." I comment. Moms quiet for a long moment. Finally with a sigh and stops rolling cookies and turns towards me.

"I did want more kids but I couldn't" She tells me.

"Why?" Selena asks. Mom goes quiet again.

"I think you two should sit down for this." She motions for us to go to the table. Once we're all seated she starts.

"When I first met your father I was excited to start trying for a family. It took a while but we finally had Selena." Mom smiles at her. "When she turned three we decided to try for another. And we did. It didn't take long before I became pregnant. Everyone was excited for the Alpha and Luna to have another baby. But when I gave birth the baby died. He was so small. Your father and I were going to name him Samuel." Mom wipes away a tear. "A few months later I decided to look into the reason he died. We ended up finding out I had become infertile." We all go quiet for a long time.

"So how am I hear then?" I ask. Mom looks at me with teary eyes.

"When Selena was five you showed up on our doorstep wrapped in clothes and a note typed to you." She tells me. I feel all the air leave me and the world stops.

"What did the note say?" Selena asks. Mom takes a deep breath.

"It said 'take care of my love. She means more to me than the world.'"

"Well clearly that's a lie since they gave me up." I shout humorlessly.

"Scarlet-"Mom starts but I cut her off when I stand.

"Why didn't you tell me? I wouldn't have cared." I tell her. "But you lying to me all these years... that's what pisses me off." I start to storm off.

"Scarlet, please! I can explain!" Mom insists. I spin around to face her.

"Yes please mom. Because I don't see any good reasons behind what you did."

"I didn't want you to feel like you were a burden on us and that we only wanted you because we couldn't have our own." She cries.

"I get that but, I wish you would have told me. I spent my entire life thinking I was born an alpha female. I'm not mad at you for what you did but I am mad at you for making me believe I was something I wasn't"

"I'm sorry." She whispers. I give her a weak smile.

"I know." I start to leave again but she stops me.

"Wait! I think I know why Parker and Lacey like each other." She tells me. I give her a confused look. "I think they might be mates."