When 'Silent treatment'is taken too seriously

Roman

Scarlet pulls up in our black navigator we use as a family car. When she sets out there's a weariness and almost skittishness she always has when I surprise her like this. "Hey," She greets.

"Hi." I chuckle.

"So who am I meeting?" She asks. I grab her hand and pull her inside. Sitting in the chair I told him to stay in is Henry and when he sees Scarlet he lights up.

"Scarlet, meet Henry, Henry, meet Scarlet. He's a new member of the pack." I tell her. She holds her hand out for him.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Luna Scarlet, Romans mate." She introduces, shaking his hand.

"It is very nice to meet you as well Luna." Henry beams with happiness. Scarlet looks at him closely and drops his hand.

"Is that all you needed me for?" She asks me. I nod slowly. "Okay, well then I'm leaving. Parker may be mated to Lacey but he's still my baby and I'm not letting him grow up that fast." She turns to go but I grab her hand and pull her back.

"There's something Henry needs to tell you." I glance at him and watch his smile fade.

"Okay?" Scarlet takes a seat in my chair, sending me a playful smile as she does.

"So um... well.... I guess I should just say it. I'm your father." Henry announces. Scarlet's mood shifts in an instant. Her smile disappears and the happiness in her eyes turns dark.

"Leave." Is all she says.

"Scar-" She cuts him off.

"I'm not asking, I'm telling. Now leave." Her voice is a growl turning into a snarl fast.

"Scar, calm down. He's a good guy." I tell her. Her furious eyes turn on me.

"You! How could you do this? You're supposed to look out for me, not shove me into meeting the one person on this earth I don't want to meet!" She looks at Henry. "If you're not gone by tomorrow I'll kick you out myself." With that she storms off, slamming the door on her way out. Henry whimpers as he looks at the ground.

"I'm so sorry Henry. I didn't know she would act like that." I tell him. He nods and slowly walks out, disappearing into the forest. Without a thought I shift and start running back home. The car Scarlet drove is already in the driveway and the lights in the house are all on. I can smell the chicken she's making for dinner as I walk up the steps. When I open the door Parker runs into my arms like always, laughing and telling me random things but my attention is on Scarlet as she glides effortlessly through the kitchen, humming a little song, as if nothing is happening. She doesn't turn and smile at me like she always does; she doesn't even acknowledge me. In a way it hurts more than her yelling at me.

"Mommy, what are we having for dinner?" Parker asks as he crawls into a chair. She turns with a smile and puffy red eyes.

"Fried chicken and potatoes." She tells him.

"You're crying!" Parker doesn't ask, he tells.

"No baby I'm not. It's just my allergies." She assures him, finally glancing in my direction.

"You've never had allergies before." He comments.

"Okay Mr Bear." She laughs lightly. "Go wash your hands for dinner." He runs off as she moves to get the twins. As she's placing them in their highchairs I sit.

"Are you okay Scar?" I ask. She doesn't look at me, just nods. Parker comes hoping in and plops in his chair.

"Yummy!" He cheers as he digs in. Scarlet laughs and continues to tend to the twins.

Dinner was quiet, different than usual. Scarlet almost never spoke unless Parker asked her something and she never looked at me. At the moment she wanted nothing to do with me and I didn't blame her. I put her in a difficult position that she never dreamed she'd be in. Family is the most important thing to her and now it's ruined.

After dinner Scarlet upsets the table and takes the twins upstairs for a bath. Parker hops on the couch by me and stairs at the TV. "Is mommy mad at you?" He asks suddenly. I look down at him.

"Sometimes mommies and daddies just go through things, Bear. She is mad at me right now but I'm sure she'll be okay tomorrow.

But she wasn't. Her anger towards me lasted a whole month. Henry was long gone and so was my love life. She even started sleeping in the guest room. Everyday I try to talk to her but she brushes me off. Finally it's two months later and her birthday. One thing about Scarlet is she can hold a grudge. Even on her birthday she won't talk to me. But I think I have just the thing to change that.

Is it just me or do you guys love that they call Parker litter bear? I think it's adorable