Chapter 14: The Maze

"Did you have a nightmare?" Someone asks me.

I looked up in shock. Looking to see who said that. Yet everyone just looked at me worried. It didn't look like anyone had said anything at all. Which made me anxious and a little bit scared.

"Haru-chan? Are you okay? You look scared." Honey says holding Usa-chan. Behind him stood Mori- senpai baring that same worried look. It made me feel uneasy and I didn't know why.

That question seemed to continue to echo in my head.

'Did you have a nightmare?'

'Just who asked that question? Was I still dreaming?'

"I'm fine now, Honey-senpai. We should continue our mission." I told them as I got off the ground. The others seemed to hesitate yet couldn't deny it. As we all continued what we were meant to do.

"Oh, and Tamaki?" I say and turned to face him. He flinched a bit as I looked at him.

"Yes, Haruhi?" He hesitated.

"Be careful next time," I told him and walked away. As I left I could hear him sigh in relief.

'Ever since then I was on edge. I wondered what was a dream and what was reality. I prayed that this was just a nightmare. That I would wake up and my dad would be there holding me tight. I didn't realize how much I would miss him before. Until the day I could not see him anymore. The things I used to say and the things I did, eat at my heart. The guilt was overwhelming. I miss him being here and being overbearing.'

Walking down these halls now was haunting. I always thought before that I hated this school filled with these rich people. Although now that they were all dead. I felt terrible for the ill things I have thought about them. Even if they were terrible and said cruel things. They never deserved to die like that. Nobody did.

As I looked at my small group. I could feel my heart go heavy.

'Why? Why did things end up like this? Why did the world end this? Why? Dad, I miss you. Please still be alive. Don't let us die in this hell.'i

"Haruhi?"

"We are here."

I looked up in surprise. There in front of us were the doors to the outside. Beyond that stood a maze that made everyone shiver. It had some sort of aura around it. I couldn't figure out why that was. Yet my body screamed for me to run. Clearing my throat I looked towards the group.

"Okay. So, um" I stumbled over my words. As everyone looked weary at the maze.

"Why does it feel like that?" Renge says shivering and holding onto Tetsuya's arm.

"Let's keep moving. This is the only way out that is clear. That we know of, besides we are already here. If we go back we will only get into more trouble. Remember that dog or thing whatever it was is still back there. I say we take our chance with the maze." Tamaki says eying the maze in worry and determination. Everyone looked at him in surprise yet all silently agreed with him.

"Okay then. Get your supplies ready and prepare yourselves the best you can." Kyoya said as he checked his bag. Mori and Honey preparing their weapons just in case.

"Dammit.." I muttered under my breath as Ritsu walks over to me.

"Relax everything will work out." He whispered to me. As I looked at the maze once more.

"Something is telling me we are making a big mistake," I tell him as this sickening feeling hit me in the gut. Ritsu looks at me as my face turned white. Grabbing my face he turned me to look at him. Then he gave me a comforting smile.

"It's going to be okay." He whispered to me.

"I'm telling you the aura around that maze is deadly." I told him as I jerked my head before walking towards the door.

As I walked toward the door I could feel my stomach turn. The closer I got the more I felt like this was a bad idea. My whole body screamed for me to turn back. Yet I couldn't understand why that was. What was in there or around there? Maybe it was on the other side I wouldn't know. Yet what caused this? It used to be peaceful as far as I knew.

"Come on. Let's just get this over with. The faster we get out of here the faster we get home." One of them said, who I wouldn't know my head wouldn't work. My body was way too stiff.

We started towards the maze when we heard a loud howling. The sound echoed down the halls we once were. All fear involving the maze faded away. As we knew that we were never going backward. We had no other options, no other way out.

"Hurry!" I whispered and screamed at them. All of us ran towards the maze trying to find the exit.

Little did we know once we were in it, it was impossible to come back out.

"Where's the exit!?" Renge screamed in fear.

"Stop screaming that dog might hear us Renge." Kyoya told her as he continued walking forward.

"We'll find it soon Renge. It's going to be okay." Tetsuya says as he grabbed her hand.

As the sun started to set over the horizon. Something crept around the corners. It crawled, bones cracked, druel dripped and a sickening voice came from it. It stalked around as it searched for prey after prey. Its hunger was bottomless yet it held no shape. The maze was his place and none would come to take it.

As the small group headed into this maze. Forgetting the fear that told them not to enter. The rabid held no power anymore. As this man held it all in this land. They walk on as the sun began to set. Not realizing the horrors they are about to be met.

*Sccccrrreeeeeccchhh*

"What the hell was that!" Renge screamed as she jumped into Tetsuya's arms.

"Everyone hurry. Get close together." Tamaki says to everyone as we all gathered together.

"What the fuck is this supposed to do!?" I yelled at him and looked around.

"We need to hide. Quick in the bushes!" Ritsu tells us as we all hide.

*Graaah aguuuh* *Sccccrrrreeecccchhhh* *crack pop crack*

We watched as a man who held no skin crawled by. On his hands and feet, as he bore no face. Sharp teeth and yellow bloody eyes. It looked around as we tried not to make a sound. He had long fingers and sharp nails. He was pail almost white and he was almost naked. As he crawled by we tried not to cry.

'We need to get out of here! Papa, I want to go home!'

We stayed hidden for a little while after it left. Its presence seemed to linger even when we couldn't see it. I felt like it was a good thing we did. As we later found out. It had never left.

We went around the maze. Dead end after dead end. It put us all on edge as it seemed like we would never find a way out. It felt like we were being watched. There was this cold chilling feeling every once in and while. We keep hearing things yet when we look. There is nothing there.

Are we going to die here?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

'Dear Mom,

The world has gone to shit. Yet it's gonna be okay, right? I have a small group of us that survived. I don't know if Dad is okay. I hope is. I miss him so much and I am so scared.

What am I supposed to do?

I don't want to die!

We are trapped, mama! Why did things have to end up like this!? Why does it look like that? What is it?

Mama!?'