5. raising a dog from the dead? yeah, bad idea

[lawn of the dead: season 1, episode 1]‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

        Serena sighed as she opened her locker. It had been a few days since the "study group" that she held at her house, and everything appeared to go back to normal. No breaking glass, no spells, no visions, and no bloodsucking. It was almost as if the world was finally at peace. Like Serena could put everything behind her, and return to her normal life as a teenager.

"Once we were lowly high school noobs," Serena heard a recognizable voice say behind her. "Now we're vampire killing, spell casting rockstars. The world is our oyster."

Intrigued, Serena looked up to see who had passed her locker. It was Ethan and Benny. "You are still high school noobs," she said to them, closing her locker quickly.

Benny frowned at her, "Okay, what is wrong with you? Why do you constantly aim to hurt my feelings?" he asked.

"Because it's fun," Serena answered almost instantly, starting to walk next to the pair.

"No, it's not fun for me," Benny pointed out as they rounded the corner. "In fact, my day has just gotten worse because of you, so thank you for that."

Serena smiled warmly, "Aww you're so welcome," she said in the fakest voice she could muster.

"I'm tuning you out," Benny told her. He looked up across the hallway. "Although she could make my day better," he pointed out, looking at a very pretty blonde girl in the middle of the hallway. "I know your the see-er and all," he said to Ethan. "But I can see her with me."

"Keep the magic on the down low, remember," Ethan told Benny. "Life just got back to normal."

"Would you relax, I got this," Benny said as a bouquet of flowers magically appeared in his hands. He bounded over to the girl, ready to try and win her over.

Serena watched him, raising her eyebrow, knowing that the plan wouldn't work the way Benny wanted it to. "He doesn't really listen that well, does he?" she asked Ethan quietly.

"No, not really," Ethan responded.

At that exact moment, Serena felt a huge weight crash on her shoulders. Serena looked up and saw Wes smiling above her. "Hey Wes," she said turning around to face her other friend.

"What's wrong with Aaliyah?" he asked instantly, not even greeting the girl.

"Not even a 'hi, hello, how are you today, Serena?'" She asked him, adjusting the straps on her backpack.

Wes rolled his eyes, "Hello, Serena," he said in a mocking tone. "What the hell is wrong with Aaliyah?"

"Okay, what do you mean, I haven't even seen her today," Serena stated. "I literally just got here."