9. lions, tigers, and werewolves! oh my!

[blue moon: season 1, episode 4]‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

Serena was not enjoying banshee training. She honestly hoped that it would just be mental training, and not actually using her powers, because she had been desperately trying to avoid that exact thing. After the fiasco that happened both at the graveyard and in the supply closet Serena had been keeping her mouth shut, she would not scream.

        But now, it was the only thing that Serena needed to do. Her mother wanted her to scream so that she could learn to 'control her scream'. But safe to say, it was not working, and Serena had already broken an entire box of glasses, and almost shattered the basement window. "This isn't working," Serena complained, throwing her hands up into the air in anguish. "I've broken so many glasses, this floor might as well be a bar fight gone wrong!"

        "You just need to practice," Felicity said encouragingly.

        "What I need to do is go to school or else I'm gonna be late," Serena said shaking her head slowly. "We can practice my screaming later."

        "First you're gonna clean up this mess," her mother said, handing the broom that was leaning against the wall.

        Serena's mouth dropped open, "You can't be serious, why me?"

        Felicity shrugged, "You made the mess, you can clean it up, darling," she smiled at her daughter. "It won't be this bad when you learn how to control your powers."

        Serena frowned, "If you're just trying to make me practice more it's not working."

        "Then you can practice cleaning," her mother retorted. "Love you, sweetie!"

        "Love you too, mom," Serena grumbled picking up the broom and a dustpan to sweep up the broken glass.

---

        "You're late," Aaliyah commented as soon as Serena strolled through the hallways, a few cuts on her hands from picking up the pieces of glass on the floor. "You're never late," she pointed out.

        Serena sighed, shoving her backpack into her locker, "Banshee training hasn't been going so great lately, had to sweep all the glass off the basement floor this morning before I got here."

        "Ohh," Wes sounded appearing from around the corner. "That explains why you're an hour late. Aaliyah and I were bouncing ideas off of each other during English. Aaliyah had some dumb idea like you had slept in or something, and I told her that was boringggg," he sounded, taking a sip of his iced coffee that he was clutching in his palms. "I had a better idea, and that was you were kidnapping and dragged away by some evil werewolf on your way to school this morning."

        Aaliyah rolled her eyes, snatching the coffee out of Wes' hands and throwing it into the trashcan on the other side of the hallway.

        Wes made a noise that sounded like he was staked in the heart, "What was that for!" he shrieked. "I paid five dollars for that Lia! A whole five dollars that you just tossed in the trashcan."