Human Feelings

We speak from our hearts

Wishing we could restart.

We want them to be true

Only having to leave them in review.

I wish I could align my brain

Then maybe I could leave the pain!

All these feelings are so odd

It just leaves me to nod.

Wanting to fix myself is certainly key

I think my brain disagrees.

All these feelings are so numb

Leaving me with all my sum.

Correcting my mindset should be a promise

For now I'll settle for some solace.

To silently heal from the shadows

Leaves you to plateau.

All these feelings could be an Illusion

In the end they make me human.

Oh to be human...

Oh to be odd...

Oh to be me!

Inside the mind: This one is hard to explain. I mean it is all about human feelings basically when they are in doubt. You doubt whether you can restart your heart. Feel alive again after a break up. Which seems childish to me when I see a dear friend of mine going through such a rough time losing her husband. Her loss is permanent while my mind can be easily healed comparatively speaking. We want to speak our truth but doubt we can say them so we keep them inside. Afraid to speak it so I'll just keep it on standby till I am ready. Which may be never. Knowing you need to heal is one thing but then your brain disagrees with it. Making it harder to do. Again I know I should promise to heal but I know my mind doesn't want it so for now I'll settle for my comfort stuff. It should tide me over right? In the end I know  trying to heal from the shadows can only get you so far. Eventually you will reach a end point. A plateau where you can't get any higher than you currently are.  Which we all know there is room to grow past complacency. Right now all my feelings are as described in the poem is Odd, Numb, and Illusion. I described them like this because I am confused in my emotions. Wanting to be numb and to a degree I am but at the same time it is odd. To me this poem shows that I want to heal but know my mind doesn't want to right now. All this means in the end is that I am human which is alright. I am fine with being human.