𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

"How are you finding your stay so far, m'lady?" He stretched to see how she would react. Unresponsive. She instead continued staring before inviting him into the seat beside her. "Why the distraught face?" He asked gently while sitting on the couch beside her at an angle, crossing a leg over the other comfortably.

"You're a stranger, in all honesty." She responded with sturdiness in her voice, monotone as she didn't know how to express the appropriate emotion.

"Aren't you quite too young to be worrying about whose castle you may be in? I'm Technoblade, and you'll be safe as long as you are within these walls." He promised shallowly, smiling at her.

"Surely not. The younger you are, the more you want to preserve your life. I needn't care about your name, nor how safe I am within said walls. I'm entitled to the service now that you've made me a guest, am I not?" She confirmed while keeping her hands interlocked. "It doesn't strip from the fact that a stranger forced me to be said guest, knowing your name doesn't mean anything, it doesn't make me know who you are, or make me any closer to you." She explained, still firm with her words. Technoblade bit the inside of his cheek, though he couldn't stand people who spoke a lot, he knew the result would be all the more satisfying.

"You're quite smart; philosophical for a mere messenger." In his attempt to remind her of who she was. Though false objectively, she did remember her place for just a moment.

"I suppose I am... what interest does a "mere messenger" serve to you, a king?" Venus reminded him of his place, how the interaction was quite taboo of them, to the naked eye. "You could entertain yourself with circus acts, yet you sit here with "une factrice"." She mentioned, slipping in French so as not to be repetitive with what was being said.

"Ah, you know French? A postwoman you say?" He leaned forward to better see her straight face.

"Well, half of the kingdom's population are francophones." She explained, she grew up reading French literature as well as English literature, her mother knew fluent French, so naturally, Venus grew up learning the language.

"Interesting! ¿Tú hablas español?" Technoblade asked. After a pause:

"Sí, pero mal." She responded, earning a small laugh from Technoblade.

"I was worried for a moment that you didn't understand." He sighed in relief jokingly. Venus didn't want to let up, she felt safer with a tense, professional atmosphere.

"Well surely, it's common to Latin. I can infer, though as said, poorly." Venus kept tense, feeling slightly comforted when his smile faltered.

"That's fine... we can teach each other." He promised. It could have been touching, maybe if Venus was still... 16, but it was so shallow. So... incredibly shallow. She could have screamed with frustration.

"How shallow." She scowled, she couldn't help herself.

"Shallow?" He frowned, looking concerned.

"This stay is only for a maximum of a week. I don't intend on maintaining contact after this. This is merely short-term." Venus promised, never relaxing, only moving slightly to look at the fire and move her fringe. He sat in silence and watched her as she gazed into the fire. It felt at home for her; like someone she used to know. Someone she could trust.

"Right... well... food, let us eat." He pushed himself off of the chair and offered a hand, which Venus declined and just followed him to the hall. In her castle, the place was bustling with maids and butlers, as well as servants in general. There was always light chatter, and a light atmosphere Venus would often ignore. She wasn't moody, nor the bringer of bad news, as one would say. She was actually very helpful, and nice with the things she was passionate about. The servants and citizens loved her as well as they could for someone so actively distant; but that was that - Venus was distant, setting a rift between herself and everyone else. No the rift was not horizontal, it was vertical. She set herself above everyone, she would either be a great ruler or live with pride. It was much needed. But the palace she resided in as of currently, it felt desolate, with the bare minimum going on. Only two servants were seen within the large halls, both who silently minded themselves. The atmosphere made Venus feel at home though, she enjoyed a tense atmosphere where she could be on defence, instead of a tender atmosphere which could let her lose her guard. So she preferred the quiet. Grand doors were pushed open and Venus found herself in a large dining hall, wonderful architecture and great hand crafted furniture. Phil sat and waved, the large table only had three seats all on one side. Phil sat to the right of the head chair. Venus took the memo and sat on the left, while Technoblade made himself comfortable in the head chair. There were platters of food lying within the end Venus found herself sitting at - including potato and carrot dishes, as well as some meats. There was all kinds of meat, steaks, lambs, rabbits, chickens. Yet no sign of pork. It made sense, Technoblade was a pig; anyone would be able to tell from his features that he wasn't normal. Venus looked at all of the food and waited for the men to serve themselves. "Why not take food?" Technoblade asked her with concern, his plate was empty.