𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

No less than a week later, the horns blared and Technoblade roared with such a coarse passion, he was sure his sister was watching with interest. He was so determined in fact, he genuinely contacted Minerva to run through his strategies. The girl improved some, and off he went.

Philza on his side, both rushed through the mass of dying, roaring people, ready to infiltrate the castle. In the window, Technoblade saw Sapnap, who made eye contact and ran away, deep into the castle. Killing and fighting became white noise for Techno, as it fell behind him lazily like the buzzing of a bee. Of course, the occasional yell of pride emerged as some tried to attack Technoblade, yet his sword pierced through with such ease, the most it had done was force Techno to pry it out of the weakened corpse. He stepped into the large oak doors on the castle as Philza flew up, both loaded crossbows with fireworks.

Empty. The throne room was empty. He slowly walked through, thinking of Venus cheering at the sight of her friend. Her friend who hadn't accompanied her in her hardest times. It made the memory run sour as the looped mirage of Venus running across the hall melted, her body collapsing with every step she took. Footsteps could be heard nearby, and like a wild beast, Technoblade bolted towards the sound. It was a servant, they cowered in fear at the man who barged through. Usually, Techno would have killed anyone on sight, or left someone else to do it; yet his head wasn't scratching at the walls telling him to kill. They were ordering him to find her. And Venus would have wrangled Techno's neck if she realised any of the servants or normal citizens were killed in the invasion.

"Where is Damien?" He asked the servant, who looked close to fainting.

"I don't know... I... I'm sorry. I don't know where any of them are." They sobbed and fell to their knees, asking for forgiveness as if he were a God. "Please don't kill me! I have nothing but my mother." They sobbed with a break in their voice.

"Help me figure out why..." Technoblade managed a whisper, it was low and deep with malice, but also self-control. Even without the judgement of his conscience, he would have killed the servant on the spot.

"Wh-Why?" They trembled and looked up.

"Where is Venus?" He ordered, the servant went pale, more pale. It was like they became the spirit of themselves just by the question alone.

"I'm new... I've only heard of her. They... They replaced-" the servant stuttered and stumbled, voice shaking from tears and fear.

"Speak clearly." Technoblade ordered. "As your new emperor." He added harshly, already knowing the kingdom would be his own in no more than two days even without a peace settlement from Damien.

"They replaced all of the old staff a few months ago... nearly a year ago. I'd say... 7 months ago, it was by then everyone had been replaced. We don't know Venus, we've only heard of her. Her name is whispered through walls and the leftmost wing is avoided like a plague... we don't know Venus... we aren't even from this kingdom." The servant broke down from the pressure and slumped against the wall.

The information was useless, but it gave context. These servants weren't from Olympa. They were sent from other nations to wipe Venus from the history books. But once Technoblade was finished, she'd return; she'd be the only name the history books spoke about. He didn't believe that Venus had truly died, she was above death, too headstrong. So Techno would find her. And he'd make her the traitor they truly took her to be. Call it a self-fulfilling prophecy, Technoblade didn't care.

"You've served me well enough. Your life is spared." He brushed past and continued his search, the sound of yelling and grunting outside muffled by the walls, yet it rang through the castle. Technoblade knew where he was going. He was going to her room. The clicking of his heels and the distressed sound of running away preceded him, as he flew through the door. The room was burnt down.