𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

Two days later, the men arrived at the docks of the lightly snowing nation. It would take another three months or so for the yearly winter storm to come full throttle. Spirits were lifted as the men and boys got to see their families, all waiting at the docks. Philza walked through the celebration with Technoblade, straight to the castle. Nothing was different about the castle, other than the stables were slightly louder than usual. That wasn't often the case, but it was unsurprising, they were animals after all.

By the front door, Ranboo's deep, gruff voice could be heard talking to Hertha, her higher, innocent voice being heard. Both Philza and Technoblade opened the doors to the room and saw the pair talking by the thrones.

"Ranboo! Hertha! The invasion was successful." Philza celebrated, as did the other two.

"Stop that celebration. It was a saddening battle, and Venus is dead." Techno prodded harshly. He walked into the room, letting the doors close behind him as what followed was silence.

"Dead?" Hertha asked slowly, almost confused. Techno couldn't blame her, he was in as much disbelief when he heard of it.

"I highly doubt that." Ranboo scoffed. A part of Techno wanted to snap at the boy, what would he know? He only met the woman through his little girlfriend and through her letters to them.

"It's the past. Where is he? Dream?" Techno brushed off seriously and stared at the two.

"Oh... you mean the intruders? They're in one of the bedrooms. From the dining hall, left wing stairs, then take the second right and they're in the sixth door down." Ranboo gave directions he had written down on a piece of paper, Hertha reading in her head along with him. As a four, they all made their way to the room, no chatter, just tense silence. Techno wasn't sure why, neither was Phil. Both assumed and agreed it was Dream just being his usual self. So why the other two were so silent, it was beyond the men.

Fire crackled from inside the room, a part of it scratched at Techno's brain, telling him he was supposed to remember the room. But it was like any other guest room in the wing, there was nothing to be remembering about the product of duplication. Philza knocked on the door, and movement was heard on the other side, only for a moment, before the sound of something hard running across fabric (which was a muffled noise under the fire) started again.

"Dream? What are you doing there? We're coming in." Philza called and creaked open the door. All of the noises were amplified, yet the person wasn't seen. Through the curtained window, Technoblade could see the sun was setting, filling the room with the pale orange which shone from the horizon. Philza gasped as he walked in, and whoever was being blocked by the door, stood up.

"What's wrong? Is the man in a state?" Techno asked and walked in. He looked over to who he thought was Dream.

Well, they were tall, probably 6'1. Dream was 6'3. They had a long, slender nose, and lips warmed by the fire. Dark brown hair, which nearly looked matte black since no light seemed to want to reflect off of it. They didn't have a fringe, their hair was long, resting around their waist. And their eyes: siren-like; blue and green; with longer lashes.

"Venus?" Techno tilted his head at the sight of the girl. She was wearing the grey linen nightwear she adored, and holding a hairbrush.

"And Dream." Dream laughed and jumped onto the king from behind. "Boo! Did we scare you?" He cackled into Techno's ear.

"I... Venus I thought you died!" Technoblade pushed Dream off gently, running to the girl and hugging her. Both of them fell back towards the floor below, but were picked up by Phil, who pushed them up straight and hugged them both.

She hadn't spoken once, but hugged them both back tightly while sighing into the warmth. Ranboo cheered from where he stood with Hertha, who kept a healthy distance from Dream, who was more focussed on the three hugging. Then there was a small hiccup. Everyone froze and tried to see who it was. But looking closer, they saw it was only Venus laughing.