𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

There wasn't a single stumble on her way down. Venus gracefully found herself stepping on metre deep snow as though it were solid concrete. The thought concerned her.

"Every night, the snow freezes over from the cold and the hale, so careful, you're stepping on snow and packed ice. Are you cold?" Technoblade stopped from where he was up ahead and waited for Venus to catch up to him. When she did, he continued. "I don't think I can remember the last time this place wasn't snowed in." He looked at an inn, the sign reading "Snow Dover Inn". It was a nice play on words, and Venus cracked a small smile from the joke. It truly was a snowed-over inn. "They always refuse to fully get rid of the ice and snow after storms like this one. They sell the ice for a hefty price overseas, so I can't say they weren't clever about it." Technoblade shrugged and moved on. Venus followed behind him silently and looked at other places. A bar, a few houses, a woodworker, whose husband worked in the blacksmith close by. The two were always having friendly competition for who could sell more. During storms it was the woodworker, he always won.

Technoblade led Venus to a fountain, which had glazed over from the snow impressively. She chimed in, "why keep a fountain in the polar region?" As she asked, the wind blew her sharply forward.

"Careful. And we kept it because the ice melts and gives fresh water in the spring. When the days aren't so harsh as they are, and the snow settles slightly, the village can enjoy unpolluted water." He smiled. He really did care about his kingdom. Well, for what it was. Some kingdom though. "That's the first time you've asked a question!" The king childishly celebrated. Venus sighed with slight amusement, looking away. "Why?" He asked.

"I pitied your appearance." She responded truthfully. "Escorting a girl and talking to yourself. It was embarrassing for me in particular." Venus looked at the fountain with a small glare, she was cursing herself for asking and getting the reaction she did from Technoblade. Though her confession was true, she was beginning to pity and grow embarrassed from the overlord's constant chatter to a cement crowd.

"You are colder than the blizzard itself, my lady." He returned and bowed once more, letting the wind pick him up. The tour continued for what it was before the blizzard grew unbearable for the princess.

The wind carried her forward suddenly and she hit Technoblade in the back, though he was strong, he still stumbled forward and quickly turned, catching the girl before she was pressed any more against his back. His spin gave her too much room, and despite still being in a remote location - the walkway towards the woods Venus had originally protruded from - she found herself holding in her yelp as she slipped forward towards the floor. Though it choked in her throat, as she felt herself get tugged back and slipping backwards instead. She felt Technoblade's hands at her shoulders and saw his legs by hers. Both were sitting on the ground, the wind still insisting on pushing them further onto the floor.

"Goodness, I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Technoblade asked in rapid succession. She pushed herself away with mild distaste and picked herself up. She didn't give a response and instead began walking away. She felt slightly humiliated.

The king who sat on the floor also felt humiliated, but also insulted that she walked away without sparing a glance. He had to escort her, he no longer had the intention to woo her, all he wanted to do now was treat her as she should be and watch her go. It wasn't often the great Technoblade gave up - yet he couldn't see himself handling the woman any longer. Even for Technoblade, who lived in the Antarctic region, she chilled his very core. A part of him was ashamed at how easily he gave up, it had only been three days, and she was showing signs of improvement, but the motivation was no longer there. He just wanted her to feel welcomed then leave. Did she feel welcomed? Had he been welcoming enough for someone who didn't want to be there? He wasn't sure, but he stood up and went over to her, feeling the wind push him a little to help him on his journey. As they walked silently, he hovered a hand by her back, in case the storm tried again to make them fall, the king would just pick her up and handle the wind himself. They reached the entrance of the castle, where Phil stood and waved at them. Technoblade waved back and she nodded before all three of them walked in. Before the girl left, she stopped and didn't bother to look behind her when she spoke, "thank you, for trying to help me. I enjoyed the tour for what it was." She quickly walked off. And there it was, his motivation to woo her over again, it had returned instantly. Something about her showing gratitude gave Technoblade a reason to try more. He was pulled back onto his feet, his spirit which was left by the walkway sprinted all the way back, and collided with him. It was almost like he was rejuvenated.