Times of happiness

Kathir hugged mullai tightly forgetting the place.

Pochu pochu enna aga pogudho.... Selva rolled his eyes.

Aiyayoo..."dei kathiru"tamizh called him.

Kathir became a bit emotional on this note. He broke the hug and said "mullai naa evalo sandoshama iruken theriyuma...inda...inda...."he was finding it difficult to put it in words.

Mullai by now understood the environmental situation and told "kathir adhu vandu..."before that he again hugged her and said "thank you so much".

She whispered near her ears "kathir..ellarum pakuranga da"and that's when his brain laughed at him for going overboard. He left her and slowly looked around. Mullai controlled her laughter seeing his face reactions.

Aiyayoo...avarasarapatuthomo...ellarum Nammala kurukuru nu pakuranga.... sutham...ippo enna panradhu.... kathir tried for a plan. Meanwhile tamizh called him "dei va da...anda camera la timer set pannitu vaa... photo edukalam"

Happada thapichom..."dho varen"he told and checked on the camera. He then went to his friends for the group photo not before mentally counting how many people were present in the hall. Thank God only his friends, mullai's parents and tarani parents were there while others had gone to have food. He kept his gaze down not knowing what to do.

"Dei romba pannadhey da"Selva knocked him.

"Dei nee vera...ava sudden ah appa kudutha camera va kattunapo...ennala sandoshamatha control panna mudila...unnaku theriyum la naa evalo attached ah anda camera kuda irundhen nu"kathir reasoned.

"Theriyum da..yenga kita yen solra...we know about you da...enna live ah performance pannita... eppadi samalika poriyo.."he told back.

"Adhu dhan ennakum therila....anga paaru Parvathy authy eppadi kurukuru pakuranga nu ..."Kathir said while noticing the reaction from mullai's mother.

The photo session got over and kathir was trying to find an excuse to move out when tamizh called him again"dei va sapadalam". Kanna who was nearby got excited"shobba...ippo dhan kupada thonicha anna ungaluku...seri vanga biryani gaali agapokudhu"he spoke his worries about his favourite dish.

While Kathir tried to escape, behind he heard a voice which he was very much familiar"thambi oru nimisham"he turned and found mullai's dad calling him.

With no other option, kathir went straight with his heart on his mouth. So tensed that anyone could easily guess it from his actions. He saw mullai standing right behind her father along with her mother. What they are upto now??? He had a question.

Murugan gestured him to take a seat and he obliged obediently. Sweat was flowing from his forehead and he cursed himself for not carrying a kerchief.He was tensed and nervous where even when writing his board exams he wouldn't be feeling this much.

"Adhu thambi...ippo nadhadu..."murugan began while kathir interrupted"aiyoo uncle adhu our emotional la...adhu ennoda appa gift panna camera...adhu ennaku oru sentiment...adhu Mulla therimbu kuduthadhum naa konjam react panniten... avalodhan"

Sutham loosu paiya...appa enna solla varanu kelu da manga... mullai scolded him mentally.

"Theriyum thambi"he became silent. Kathir left out his breath in relief. But kathir didn't want to hide it anymore as he always saw murugan as his next father figure.