2

Cordelia didn't know what to say, she was always nervous around people but for some reason she was a lot more nervous around him.

Around Sage.

His name was so beautiful Cordelia blushed when he told her. Beautiful name for a beautiful man.

"You had a pretty nasty fall there sweetheart. Are you alright?" He had asked, he had bent down a little so she didn't have to strain her pretty neck to look at him.

"O-Oh I think s-so" Cordelia said. She blushed at the name he called her.

"But I-" She was cut off by the sound of her tummy growling.

Cordelia blushed even more when she heard Sage chuckle.

"I think someone is hungry, huh. Why don't you go sit down and I'll go get you another drink, how does that sound?" Sage had said in a soft voice.

"Okay b-but I can pay f-for it" She went to reach for her bag but a large hand stopped her.

"Let me buy it for you sweetheart," said Sage. He had made her fall, he wanted to make it up too her by buying her another drink.

"Okay but y-you have to t-take the raspberry cr-croissant, please" Cordelia said while pointing to the croissant she had offered him early that was now sitting on the table.

Sage chuckled at how adorable she looked. She had a pout of her beautiful lips like she wanted to deny his offer but she knew better too.

"Of course sweetheart, thank you for that. Now what would you like?" He said

"You're w-welcome and j-just a small h-hot cocoa p-please"

Cordelia sat at the table, waiting for Sage to come back with her drink. She couldn't stop blushing at the thought of him. He made her feel like she had butterflies in her tummy.

"Here you go sweetheart" Sage said while setting down her drink.

"T-Thank you so m-much Sage '' Cordelia said, reaching out to grab the drink.

"You're welcome sweetheart" he responded.

They sat in silence while Cordelia ate her bagel. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, it was a peaceful silence.

Sage had started taking bites of the raspberry croissant and he could see Cordelia sneaking glances at it. She had finished her bagel but she was still hungry.

"Would you like some sweetheart?" Sage asked.

Cordelia's eyes snapped to him. Blushing at being caught.

"N-No, I gave i-it to you s-so it's y-yours" Cordelia said nicely, going back to sipping on her hot cocoa.

Sage grabbed a piece of the croissant on the fork he had, bringing it to Cordelia's face.

"Open up sweetheart, come on" he said softly.

Cordelia slowly opened her mouth, leaning towards the fork taking the piece of croissant off the fork.

Sage softly chuckled at her, at how adorable she looked wiggling in her seat out of happiness from the croissant.

"Is it good sweetheart?" Sage asked.