4

They both walked up to the cash register, Sage's hand on the small of her back lightly pushing her to walk.

"What would you like, sweetheart?" Sage asked, looking down to her.

Cordelia looked at the menu, they had so many good things she couldn't decide.

"I-I don't know, t-there's so many c-choices. Um c-could you pick f-for me please" Cordelia said looking at him. She would be there all day deciding on what she wanted and she didn't want to waste anyone's time.

"Are you sure sweetheart?" Sage asked. He was happy that trusted him to pick something for her to eat but he didn't like how it showed how easily she could trust someone. He swore to himself that second he would protect her, no matter the cost.

Cordelia shook her head "Yes, please. I c-can't choose" she replied with a slight frown on her face.

He looked at the menu for a short minute before he turned his attention back to Cordelia. "How does blueberry pancakes sound baby?"

Cordelia smiled up at him "Yes, please!"

Sage told the cashier both of their orders before looking back to Cordelia.

"Anything else sweetheart?" He asked

"Oh! C-Can we share a-another raspberry c-croissant please?" Cordelia asked excitedly looking up at Sage with a smile on her face.

Sage couldn't help but smile. Everything about this girl was pure perfection. He didn't think he would meet someone so kind and pure hearted and let alone want to be friends with him.

Sage didn't want to be friends with Cordelia, he wanted more but he would wait.

"Of course sweetheart, whatever you want" he said.

Paying the cashier and grabbing their food, Cordelia said a small thank you to the cashier and walked to their table with Sage following behind her.

They sat down at their table and started eating. Sage took a glance at Cordelia seeing her struggle to cut her pancakes.

"Would you like me to cut them for you sweetheart?" He asked nicely.

Cordelia looked up at him, she blushed when she realized he saw her having trouble cutting her pancakes.

Not my fought it's so hard, she thought to herself.

When she didn't say anything Sage spoke again. "Let me cut them for you baby, hand me your plate please sweetheart" he said.

Cordelia passed him her plate of pancakes and watched him easily cut them up. Not fair.

"They can be hard to cut sometimes huh baby?" He said when he realized she may have been embarrassed. He didn't want her to be embarrassed by something so small.

"Mhm, it's not f-fair, you c-cut them so easily" Cordelia huffed.

Sage chuckled quietly. "You just have to get stronger, baby. No need to be sad, I'll cut as many pancakes as you want, yeah"

Cordelia smiled again for what seemed like the millionth time, shaking her head rapidly.

After cutting her pancakes into small pieces he handed the plate of food back to her.

"Thank you, Sage" Cordelia said while digging into her delicious blueberry pancakes.

"Your welcome, baby" he replied back while also starting to eat his food which was just a simple breakfast sandwich.

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

Sage had finished eating before Cordelia had, considering she had quite a few pancakes. She had ate about 2 out of the 3 she was given before she looked up to Sage.