5

Sage had gone to work after his morning with Cordelia. He didn't have much to do today, just a lot of paperwork. The whole time he worked his mind was on Cordelia.

There was something about her that lit a fire inside of him. He had the overbearing need to care and protect her. He knew it sounded crazy, he only knew her for less than a week but he didn't care, he was going to do everything he could to protect and care for the sweet girl he wished to call his.

He saw the way her eyes would light up when he talked to her or when he praised her. He knew what his sweet girl wanted even if she didn't know herself. He would do anything to give her what she wanted, and he was going to but he had to wait. He didn't want to rush into anything.

He would wait a lifetime for her.

There was something about finding the one person you knew you wanted. That one person you would do anything for to protect and love, to cherish. Sage wanted to give that to Cordelia, he wanted to show her how much she deserves to be loved and cherished.

Sage had finished his work, it had taken him longer than he would have liked if a certain someone wasn't occupying his entire mind.

He checked his phone and saw that Cordelia hadn't messaged him yet.

Was she still sleeping?

Gathering his things he walked out of his office, saying goodbye to his secretary.

Once he got in his car he pulled up Cordelia's contact and called her.

The line rang for a few short seconds before Cordelia answered. She had forgotten to set an alarm to wake her up so she slept longer than she wanted to. She was woken by her phone ringing.

Mumbling a tired 'hello' into the phone she tried not to fall back asleep.

"Hi baby, did you have a good nap" Sage said softly, he knew she was still tired he could tell from her voice that she had just woken up.

"Mhm, I'm s-still tired though" she mumbled once again, a yawn escaping her mouth.

"I know baby but you have to wake up, yeah? You can't sleep all day then you won't be able to go to sleep tonight" he said. Cordelia knew she had to wake up, they're were a few things she had to do before it got dark out but she just wanted to stay in bed and sleep.

"I know, I'm j-just so c-comfy" she said, a small giggle escaping her.

"I'm sure you are sweetheart but you have to get up, okay. If you get up for me I'll bring you something. How does that sound?" He said. Was it just a way so he could see her again even though he saw her a few hours ago. Yes. Did he care. No.

"Really! W-What is it?" Cordelia asked.

"It's a surprise baby but you can only have it if you get up okay"

"Okay! I-I'm up now" Cordelia said while jumping out of her bed.

"Good girl, I'll be over soon with your surprise okay"

"O-Okay, I'll s-see you when y-you get here. B-Be super f-fast okay, I miss you" Cordelia said though she said that last part super quiet but Sage heard her.

"I'll be there before you know it baby, I miss you too. I have to go now but I'll see you soon okay."

They said their goodbyes and Cordelia went to go do her chores while Sage went and got her gift.

He went to the closest store and got her a bouquet of peonies and lilies. He remembered her telling him those were her favorite. He also got her a pint of her favorite ice cream, Strawberry.