3

Cordelia slept peacefully that night. The thought of getting to talk to Sage again when she woke up made her couldn't wait for the morning.

While Cordelia was sleeping in her bed, all nice and warm wrapped in her blanket with Ruby to her chest. Sage was up getting ready.

He had always been an early riser, always waking up at 5 in the morning no matter what time he went to bed. His body had become accustomed to little to no sleep. The moment he woke up he wanted to call his sweet Cordelia but he knew she would still be sleeping and he didn't want to wake her up.

He did his morning routine. Work out, shower, eat then finish any unfinished work from the day before.

Looking at the watch on his wrist he realized how much time had gone by. It was a little past 9 in the morning, figuring his sweet Cordelia was up he decided to call her.

Cordelia was not up. She was still sound asleep in her bed. She didn't have any classes today so she was able to sleep in, though if she could Cordelia would sleep for the whole day.

She woke up to the ringing of her phone. A yawn escaped her as she stretched. Grabbing her phone without looking at who was calling.

"Hello" Cordelia mumbled into her phone.

"Good morning sweetheart" Sage's voice sounded through the phone instantly waking Cordelia up.

"G-Good morning Sage!" Cordelia exclaimed excitedly.

"Hi sweetheart" he chuckled.

So adorable, he thought.

"Did you sleep well baby?" Sage asked softly.

"I s-slept super g-good! H-How did you s-sleep?" Cordelia asked, no longer wishing to go back to sleep. She would rather talk to Sage than sleep.

She'd rather see him in person actually. And her wish would come true.

"I slept good sweetheart. Are you busy today? I would like to take you out for breakfast. I'm sure you're hungry sweetheart." He didn't necessarily know if she was hungry or not, though now that Cordelia thought of it she was really hungry.

"Yes, I'm really h-hungry. Oh! We c-could meet a-at the café, if t-that's alright w-with you of c-course." Cordelia spoke nicely.

Sage thought it was adorable how she made sure he wasn't uncomfortable and he wanted to do the same for her. If he were to ever make her uncomfortable it would break his heart. "Of course sweetheart, I'll meet you there in say, 30 minutes? How does that sound? '' Sage replied.

"Okay! I-I'll go get r-ready now" Cordelia said. Once they said their goodbyes Cordelia rushed to get ready.

She had taken a shower the night before when she had gotten home from her shift at the pet clinic. She brushed her teeth and long brown hair deciding to put half of her hair in a loose ponytail with a white ribbon tied into a bow.

Walking to her small dresser she picked out a thick white knitted sweater, a black skirt that sat a little above her knees and black tights with little heart on them. Pair her outfit with white frilly socks and her Mary Janes.

She grabbed her small light green backpack making sure she had everything in there

Taking a small glance at Ruby she contemplated on taking her. Deciding she wanted to show her to Sage she gently put her in her backpack.

Making sure Gus had enough food, she gave him a small kiss on his head then started her walk to the café.

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

Since Sage had been ready since he called Cordelia he decided to leave a few minutes after they ended the call.

Sage's apartment was about 20 minutes from his work building and the café was about 5 minutes from there. He would get there a bit early, which he didn't mind.

When he arrived there he saw that Cordelia hadn't arrived yet, he was early so he decided to find a place to sit. It was a lot colder today then it had been the day they first met and he didn't want her to get sick if they sat outside.

5 minutes later he heard the bell above the door go off, looking up from his phone he swore his heart stopped.

A literal angel stood by the door.

His sweet Cordelia.

She looked so beautiful in her outfit and her long brown hair falling over her shoulders. Just looking at her gave Sage butterflies.

Sage the scary, cold hearted man he was,  had butterflies from this ethereal beauty he barely knew. This girl could quite literally bring this man to his knees, and he wouldn't mind at all.

When Cordelia entered the café she didn't know if Sage had made it there. If he was late or if she was early, but after looking around the place she saw him, sitting at a table in the corner.

She instantly smiled when she saw him, she couldn't help it there was just something about him that made her happy.

Walking over to him the butterflies in her tummy got more intense, but in a good way.

Sage stood up from his seat when she started walking over to him. "Hi sweetheart." Sage said smiling.

"Hi Sage!" Cordelia said. She couldn't help the feeling of wanting to hug him, so she did. He thankfully returned her hug, holding her tightly to him.

"I missed you" she mumbled into his nice dress shirt he wore.

"What was that sweetheart?" Sage said. He knew she said something but she spoke so quietly he couldn't hear her.

She didn't want to admit that she missed him, so looking up at him while still hugging she said " Nothing! Are y-you hungry? We c-can go order s-something if you'd like."

Sage chuckled while looking into her beautiful green eyes, God her eyes are so beautiful, he thought. "Sure sweetheart we can go order something, I have to get that tummy of your filled up hmm"

Cordelia giggled at his comment, she was really hungry. Sage pulled away from the hug first and Cordelia frowned. She didn't want to stop hugging him.

Sage saw the frown on Cordelia's face, he couldn't help but smile a little. His sweet Cordelia likes hugs.

"Don't frown baby, you'll get more hugs today don't worry." Sage said quietly so only his Cordelia could hear.

Though she didn't know she was his yet. He would let her know she was soon.

She was his Sweet Cordelia.

His Sweet Symphony.