11

"Please, everybody finish up your essay. They are due next week! Class dismissed."

Cordelia stood up from her seat, grabbing all her things. She neatly put them in her bookbag, as she was about to leave the classroom she heard someone call her name. Turning around she saw Andy, the guy she met last week, waving his hand while rushing towards her.

"Hey Cordelia!" he said once he got closer to her.

"Oh, Hello Andy" Cordelia said nicely. "Did you n-need s-something?"

"Yeah, I wanted to know when you could show me around? Maybe we could go get a coffee and you can show me around? Are you free right now?"

"Oh...Um, I-I can't today, I h-have a lot of h-homework. I'm s-sorry, Andy." Cordelia felt bad, she forgot he had asked her to show him around, she was so focused on Sage, he was all she thought about most of the time. It had been 2 days since she last saw him and to say she missed him was an understatement.

"Wow, okay just let me know when you're free next." Andy grumbled, he grabbed Cordelia's hand and roughly put a crumpled piece of paper in her hand before walking away. Cordelia was left confused. She didn't understand why he got upset. Looking down at her hand she saw the outline of fingers on her wrist. She knew it would become a bruise tomorrow.

Cordelia was sensitive, her emotions always got the best of her so when she saw her wrist she couldn't stop her eyes from tearing up, her bottom lip trembling a little. Wiping her eyes with her other hand she opened the piece of paper to find a phone number.

Realizing she was still standing in her classroom, she shoved the piece of paper in her bookbag and walked out. Grabbing her phone she saw her hands begin to shake then she became aware of her breathing becoming uneven and ragged. She was having an anxiety attack.

This wouldn't be the first time, though she hadn't had one in a long time. Once she was outside she took a deep breath of the cold October air and sat down on the closest bench she could find. Lifting her phone back up she called the person she desperately wanted in that moment.

"Hi baby" She heard the soothing voice of Sage and she could already feel herself calm down slightly. "Hi, can you p-pick me up, Please" Cordelia cried.

Sage immediately got worried, he could tell from her voice that she was crying or on the verge and his heart broke. "You at school, baby?" he asked, he heard a small 'mhm' from his girl and that was all he needed for him to grab his keys and bolt to his car. Luckily he was at his office, which wasn't far from her school. "I'll be there soon, okay baby? You want to stay on the phone with me, hmm?"

"Stay" Cordelia mumbled. Sage stayed on the phone with her until he got there, he talked to her softly, calming her racing heart. Cordelia stayed quiet the whole time, not wanting to speak. "I'm here, sweet girl. Can you tell me where you are?" Sage asked, rushing out of his car. "Bench" Cordelia whispered.

Cordelia hated how she was always crying around Sage, every time she saw him she would end up crying at some point. This was different, she was crying because she was scared, Sage never scared her, he made her feel safe and that's what she needed right now.

Sage's eyes quickly caught the sight of Cordelia's small body sitting on a bench. He rushed over to her, bending down on his knees in front of her. "Baby? It's me, I'm here sweetheart" he said. Sage cradled her head in his hands, looking into her teary green eyes. "What happened, baby?"

Cordelia just shook her head and whined, she stretched her arms out, silently telling him she wanted to be held.  He picked her up, holding her tightly, her legs wrapped around his waist. He became aware of how cold she was now that she was in his arms. She was freezing.