Chapter 10

America, darling, it's almost time for dinner. We both have to get ready." Maxon said gently

"Ugh. I want to stay."

"So do I, but we can't."

"I know." I got up and looked at Maxon who was eyeing my half-bare body, "Eyes are here." I pointed at my face

"I'm aware of where they are." He said; his eyes slowly trailing up my body.

"You're terrible, Maxon Schreave."

"You're beautiful, America Singer."

"Thank you." I smiled, "Now get up." I pulled the blanket off of him and wrapped it around myself

"Okay, okay." He chuckled as he got up. He put on his pants then walked over to me with his shirt and jacket over his arm, "I'll have to go on some sort of date after dinner but I'll come see you as soon as it's over." He said and placed his hand on my cheek. He leaned in and gave me a soft kiss, "You're the One."

"Not yet I'm not," I said

"Oh, but in every way but publically, you are."

"Those are the only ways that matter to me."

"I agree completely." He smiled and busied himself buttoning his shirt and putting on his jacket, "I'll see you downstairs." He reached out and squeezed my hand before leaving.

And just like that I snapped into reality. I went into the bathroom and rustled around in the makeup that was rarely used. I needed something to cover the marks left on my neck. I couldn't imagine it being very princess-like to present herself at dinner with hickeys on her neck.

Just as I finished, my maids came in,

"Miss?" Mary called

"Right here." I stepped out of the bathroom

"We must hurry, finishing the dress took longer than expected."