The Beginning of it All

YOUR POV

It was finally warm, so that already means that it is time to swim. A certain part of town was not really crowded often, so I decided to go there. I liked it when I could swim by myself. I like to feel free in the waters. People can be so afraid of it, but I think that people should just accept it. It's beautiful. 

I ran out of my mothers car and my litte feet tapped each time I took a step. 

"You be careful (Y/N), okay? I need to go get some food for tonights dinner... I will pick you up and around 2:00, alright?" My mother said waving to me as I ran.

"Okay, mum!" I said motioning her off. She smiled and drove off. I didn't look back and kept running. It was finally a good time to swim. I threw my towel and clothes into the pool's cold tile surrounding the area, and no one was around. Just as I had hoped. I hopped onto the diving board and gracefully dived in. "Finally..." I said to myself. I lay on the surface of the water, the cool sensation flowing through my back. I then turned onto my stomach and started swimming freestyle. I guess you coud say it was one of my favourites... I swam up to the surface when I was finished and then suddenly heard a splashing sound. 'Oh great... Someone is here,' I thought. I looked around the pool to see if it was a person I was okay with. All I could see was a young boy with dark hair in the corner of the pool area. He obviously saw me and was dissapointed someone was already in the pool. 

"Okay, I don't mind if you are in here... Just don't get in my way," I said a little codly. He shrugged it off and then said

"Alright... Knock yourself out," he then brushed me off and swam. His strokes made him faster and his strong kicks made him zoom by me. I was still in the same spot just shocked at what I just saw. Was he better than me? No... 

"What? Am I in your way?" he asked, flicking his hair, making the chlorine disperse from the raven hair. 

"No..." I said blushing a little. 

"Then why are you just standing here? You don't have that much time until people start coming..." he said glaring at me. 

"Whatever... People don't usually come here... I guess except for you," I glared back. 

"HARU-CHAN!" I heard an obnoxious voice scream. I looked towards it and saw 3 people coming towards the pool. 'Oh great! More people!' I thought putting my head in my wet palm. 

"Don't put the -chan after my name... I've told you too many times," the boy said. Obviously his name was Haru.

"Haru...? Isn't that a girls name?" I asked sort of giggling. 

"Shut up," he said folding his arms. The boys on the outside of the pool threw off their clothing and dived into the pool... With a little less grace. 

As they pooped up from the water all I heard was "Ooooh, Haru-chan! Is that your new girlfriend?" the obnoxious one said. 

"WHA?! NO!" we both said in unision. We glared at eachother and I started swimming away from the crowd. As I stopped on the other side of the pool, the obnoxious boy was right infront of me. 

"Holy crap, don't do that!" I said, trying to catch my breath.

"Sorry... My name is Hazuki Nagisa... You can call me Nagisa! What's your name?" he said smiling brightly. 

"Um... (Lastname) (Y/N)..."

"I will call you (Y/N)-chan! You go to our school right? You seem fimiliar..."  he said. 

"First off, do not add the chan... And second, I do... You're in my class, dimwit," I said codly. Then a boy with maroon hair swam up to me and smiled big. 

"Hello I'm Matsuoka Rin!" he said joyfully. 'Another boy with a girly name?' I thought to myself. His smile had shark-like teeth and his eyes were the same colour as his hair. 

"Um... Okay..." I said awkwardly.

"Rin-chan! This is (Y/N)-chan!" Nagisa said.

"NO CHAN!" I said. 

"Hello (Y/N)-chan... I am Makoto," another boy said with golden brown hair. He had a shy smile, unlike the other boys. It was either a too happy smile or no smile at all. 

"NO CHAN! And when did you get here?" I was now trapped in a corner with 3 obnoxious boys surrounding me in it. I checked my watch and it was already 1:45...

"Haru-chan! Come meet (Y/N)-chan!" Nagisa shouted across the pool as he came over as well.

"NO CHAN!" Haru and I said in unision. We both slightly blushed and looked away. 

"See you are girlfriend and boyfriend!" Rin said playfully hitting Haru's shoulder. 

"No, we're not. We just met," he said looking into the water. 

"(Y/N)-chan! You two should race! I saw you swimming and you looked really good at it!" Makoto said smiling. 

"I only swim free," Haru and I said. "STOP COPYING ME!" we said again. We both growled and rolled our eyes. 

"You guys are perfect for eachother!" Nagisa said hugging me.

"EH?! Stop hugging me!" I said trying to push the obnoxious boy off. 

"Fine... I sort of bored... I'll race you (L/N) (Y/N)... Anything to shut them up," Haru said looking straight into my eyes. 

"Haru-chan! That's not very nice!" Nagisa said. 

"Fine, I'll race... It's getting a little boring anyway," I said tightening my goggles. 

"Heck yeah, they're racing! I'm racing with (Y/N) next!" Rin said waving. 

"EH?! I never said anything about multiple races?!" I said in anger and confusion. 

"OH OH! Me too, Rin-chan!" Nagisa said. I groaned and I could hear a slight laugh out of Haru's frowning lips. 

"What?" I said mokingly. 

"Nothing..." He said acting like he never did it. I rolled my eyes and stood up from the pool and got onto the diving board.

'Here goes nothing...'