Welcome Home!

After a long day at Iwatobi High, it was time to go back home. FINALLY. Hardly any of my friends were in my classes... 

"(Y/N)-chan! Are you going home?" Nagisa said skipping to me. 

"Yeah, I'm tired..." I yawned rubbing my eyes. 

"You should come to swim practice with us tomorrow! It'll be fun!" he beamed.

"I already told you! I don't swim competitively anymore..." I growled trying to walk away.

"Please! You don't have to swim! You can just keep us company!" he pestered. 

"Why are you bugging her?" I heard a serious voice say, pulling Nagisa off me. 

"Oh, Haru-chan! I was inviting (Y/N)-chan to our practice tomorrow!" Nagisa replied.

"Well it seems like she doesn't want to, Nagisa-"

"No, I think I might come..." I smiled, "Besides, it'll be entertaining to watch you guys struggling," I joked, playfully nudging Haru. 

"Yay! See you then!" Nagisa cheered and skipped to Rei. I sighed and started to walk off. 

"Why don't we walk together?" Haru suggested. 

"O-oh... Okay sure..." I smiled. He walked up next to me and we started to go through the school gates. As we walked, it was silent. Awkward... 

"So... How's life been?" I asked awkwardly, trying to start a conversation. 

"Not the same... But it's been fine nonetheless," he replied.

"Oh..." 

"What about you? How was Tokyo?" 

"It was kinda boring... There were hardly any outdoor pools, and I had no friends," I smiled sadly.

"Oh... I'm sorry,"

"Haru, it's fine..." 

"Did you miss us?" he whispered. 

"Sorry?" 

"N-never mind..."

"Oh, yes I did miss you guys," I laughed, realizing what he said. "Why are you so quiet?" I asked.

"I don't know... I just-" 

"Oh this is my house... Can you call me about it later?" I asked, giving me his number. 

"Oh, okay," 

"Good bye!" I beamed, running into my home. 

"WELCOME HOME, (Y/N)!" I heard as I entered the house. I felt small arms wrap around my legs and looked down to see my 7 year old brother, Kaito. 

"Hello, Kaito," I smiled, ruffling his hair. 

"Did you have fun today?" he cheered, excitedly. 

"Sure... Where's mom?" I asked as he let go of my legs. 

"She went out again. She said she wanted a drink... I don't know why she couldn't get some juice from the fridge, though," the little boy said, looking up in confusion.

"She left you here? ALONE?!" 

"Yup! But don't worry! She said I was a big boy!" he beamed. 

"Alright... How about I give you a bath?" I smiled. 

"Do I have to?" he whined. 

"Yes, now c'mon! I will make dinner afterwards if mom isn't here," I held his hand and walked to the bathroom. 

"Can we have gooey rice with dinner?" he questioned, with a grin across his face.

"If we have some, then sure," I replied. He then clapped his hands and skipped into the bathroom. He was sort of like a tiny Nagisa... It was cute...