I Have Some Competition...

I stood at the edge of the diving board staring into Haru's deep blue eyes. 

"Well then, let's get this over with," I said putting out my hand to shake his. 

"Yeah," he said calmy shaking my hand. We got into positions and Nagisa sat on the edge of the pool giving us the starting position. When he immitated the starting whistle, Haru and I were off. 

"Oh god, this is close..." Makoto said to Rin. 

"She's fast, and so is Haru-chan... They both have the even amount of strength in their arms and legs! They're hardly coming up for air... This is a serious race!" Rin said in excitement. 

'Damn... He could actually beat me,' I thought to myself, kicking harder against the water. We then both reached the other end of the pool and our heads shot up for air. 

"Wow..." Nagisa said, his eyes glowing in amazement. 

"Well? Who won?" I asked impatiently.

"N-no one did... It was a tie!" Makoto said clapping his hands. 

"Good job, (Y/N)," Haru said giving me his hand to shake. I glady accepted his shake.

"Are you guys part of a club or something?" I asked.

"Yeah! The swim club!" the 3 boys said. Haru just looked at me and nodded. 

"There's a swim club? How come I was not aware of this?" I asked myself aloud. 

"Well... We do have a spot for another member..." Haru said looking into the water. 

"EH?! Haru-chan, she's a girl!" Rin said with a shocked look on his face. 

"What's that supposed to mean? You don't think I am as good as a boy? I could easily kick your ass in a race," I growled, fustrated with his comment. 

"What does ass mean?" Nagisa asked Makoto. He didn't reply. 

"Rin, even though she is a girl... I don't see why she couldn't be in our club! You can come to practice on Tuesday if you want! It's just that local swim meet near school!" Makoto said excitedly. I smiled and looked at Haru. 

"I guess we'll be racing a little more often..." I said awkwardly. 

"Yeah..." he said, his cheeks turning a little bit of pink. Wait... Haru's blushing because of me?!

"(Y/N)!! It's time to go!!" I heard from the outside of the pool. It was my mum. 

"Coming!" I replied to her, swimming to the ladder. "I will see you guys at school..." I said waving to the boys. They all waved back, even the gloomy boy Haru... 

Wait... Why am I making such a big deal out of Haru?! He's my competition I shouldn't be falling in love with him. Who said anything about love?! Why am I talking to myself... Do I love him...?

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?" My mum asked as she wrapped the towel around my barely covered shoulder. 

"Yup just thinking..." I said, lying through my smile. What is this?!