2 - Denial

Early in the morning of George's 12th day in the DreamTeam house Sapnap found himself lying awake in bed. He was unable to sleep after what he had seen earlier, thoughts running rampant and keeping him awake.

Sapnap had woken up later in the evening after having a mid-afternoon nap. Seeing he had probably missed dinner he went downstairs to find some leftovers and water. When he rounded the corner to the kitchen however he was met with the picture of George and Dream moving into each other's arms to cuddle up on the couch.

After spending the last few days coming to terms with his love for Dream he realized he had to tell him. If he told Dream then they could work over it together and everything would be okay. It wasn't like he and George were together yet.

Seeing George and Dream moving to cuddle up like he used to do with Dream broke his heart, he knew that he couldn't confront Dream. He knew that there was no telling him and working past the feelings. He knew that would only ruin whatever the other two DreamTeam members had going on.

So he spun on his heel, turned around and walked back up to his room. He could never tell Dream what he was feeling, he needed to force himself to push those feelings away. He couldn't be at fault for ruining the budding relationship between the two.

Downstairs Dream and George hadn't noticed the younger as they were too wrapped up in their own conversation. Dream had spent the last 15 minutes begging George to cuddle with him.

"George please. I just need to hold onto something. Someone." Dream begged the older.

"Dream will you please just tell me what's wrong, you and Sapnap are both acting weird."

Dream just opened his arms. George sighed and complied, moving into Dream's arms. He knew that he had a better chance of getting Dream to talk if he complied with this request to cuddle, no matter how much he did not want to.

"Okay, now tell me what's wrong." George stated once he had gotten situated.

"I'm not sure George. Sapnap has been avoiding me and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what I could have done wrong. Two weeks ago everything was perfect, now it feels like everything has gone to shit and I'm not sure how to fix it."

The truth was Dream only wanted Sapnap to be back in his arms again. He would never admit that though, he knew Sapnap did not feel the same. He was hurt that Sapnap had started avoiding him and couldn't figure out why. All he wanted was his best friend back, even if he would only be a best friend.

George hadn't figured out why things were going downhill just yet but he intended to. He wanted to go upstairs and talk to Sapnap, get his side but he knew he couldn't leave Dream just yet.

"Dream, I don't want you to get mad at me here but what exactly are your feelings for Sapnap? You really aren't talking about him like just a best friend."

This comment caused Dream to break down. A few weeks ago he had really come to terms with his feelings towards Sapnap. Dream did not want Sapnap to know he was feeling this way; he couldn't fathom a world where this went any way other than him ending up with a broken heart. He confessed everything to George, it was nice to not have to bottle it all up and keep it to himself for once.

After spending the better part of an hour comforting Dream George decided it was time to go upstairs. Knocking on Sapnap's door he was simply told to go away. George, ignoring this warning, made his way into the boys room anyways.

"Sapnap. We should talk, you've been weird."

Sapnap did not want to talk, he told George that. George did not seem to know how to listen.

"Go away George."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong."

George would not be getting an answer from Sapnap today, no matter how badly Sapnap wanted to talk to someone. He would not be talking to George, he was going to date the man he was in love with. He couldn't confess to George and get in the way.

Sapnap spent the next 15 minutes denying every request Geroge made to open up the younger boy, he denied every attempt to guess what was wrong and most of all he denied when George accused him of having feelings for Dream.

George had done that out of frustration but it sure didn't help. If anything this just made Sapnap want to shut himself off more. If either of them could tell his crush even a little bit he was fucked.

And so Sapnap continued to deny everything. There was no way he would admit his love for his best friend.