- shawn hunter || alone

i was starting to worry about shawn

we weren't extremely close, but in the classes we did have together we would spend the time talking to eachother. sometimes i would hang out with him at lunch if topanga and cory weren't around, but other than that, we didn't speak.

but he was starting to miss out on our classes we had and that was pretty out of sorts for him.

sure, he wasn't a great student, and sometimes he slept through classes, but he never really would skip. he just didn't do the work.

i noticed he wasn't at school at all. he wasn't with cory, and i didn't here mr turner or mr feeny telling him off. so i was really worried.

granted, the only reason i was worried is because i had a fat crush on him. but all the girls in my year level do. as a matter of fact, every girl in my school does. i think even some guys like him. i wouldn't be suprised.

so the next day when shawn came to school all down and dirty, i felt bad.

i mean i had no idea what had happened to shawn, but he looked like he had been wearing the same clothes for a few days.

cory and topanga were both out on some field trip for physics, so i went up to him.

when i usually saw him in the hall by himself, he was usually asleep, or fixing his hair in the mirror in his locker, but he was just awkwardly standing, and looking at his hands.

'shawn, how are you?' i tried to make conversation.

he quickly straightened his posture and pushed his hair back with his palm.

'oh hey y/n.' he said, attempting to smile at me.

'are you okay shawn? not to butt into your life but you seem kind of down.'

he slowly slid down the lockers and sat on the floor. i copied his motion and sat down next to him.

'look i don't really want to bother you with my problems. like, i wouldn't even bother cory with this shit, let alone someone i'm not overly close with. no offence.'

it kind of hurt when he said that. i knew it shouldn't of, but it did. i sighed and looked at him. he had a bruise on his cheek, and his eyes were filling up with tears.

'shawn, i know we aren't close. that's okay. but just because we aren't best friends or anything doesn't mean i can't be here for you. you seem to really be hurting, and believe me, holding pain just makes whatever it is you're experiencing worse. i've been through that.'

tears started to fall, which he quickly tried to wipe away. we sat there in silence for a few moments until he stood up and dragged me into the janitors cupboard.

'shawn, why are we in here?'

'look if i tell you what's happened you need to promise me to not tell anyone. it might not seem like i have anything under control at the moment but i will and you need to trust me. please?'

his eyes were pleading me to promise him. it broke my heart to see someone i cared so deeply about so upset.

'i promise.'

he sighed and started fiddling with his buttons on his shirt.

'last week, my parents had this huge fight. they fight a lot but i've never seen or heard them be so violent and cruel to one another. so i stayed at cory's. i didn't tell him because i didn't need him telling his mum what happened.'

he sat down, still refusing to meet my gaze.

'anyway, i went home that morning, and the trailer was gone. so i went and asked my uncle who lives at the same park as us. but he has no clue where they went. so i've been on the streets for about a week.'

his tears started pouring down his face quicker than before, so fast that he could no longer hide the fact he was crying.

'and i've been sleeping anywhere that is remotely safe. but i kept on getting beat up by guys who thought i was an undercover cop or something. so now i have nothing.'

at this point tears started running down my face. shawn was one of the brightest, sweetest people i knew, and his life was a total shit show. now that he was alone, with nothing to his name, i couldn't help but cry.

'shawn, i am so so sorry. i cant even imagine how you're feeling right now.'

he was full on sobbing by now, so i sat down and held him.

after a few minutes of just comforting him, i had an idea.

'look, i know it might not be amazing, but i have a small tree house in my garden, right next to my bedroom window. my parents probably wouldn't be stoked if a guy they didn't know was sleeping in the house, but they wouldn't know if you were in my treehouse. it's sheltered. you can get to my room if it's too cold at night. and i'll give you left over dinners and you can hang out with me  during the day.'

he looked at me with hopeful eyes.

'really? you would really help me that much?'

i smiled and nodded.

'and you won't tell anyone what's happening?'

i shook my head.

'thank you so so much.'

he engulfed me into the biggest hug ever.

'i'll never let you be alone.'