31. A complicated reunion

---

---

Felix stood, annoyed, in front of Claude's bed which had curtains pulled down.

The only thing that Claude didn't lose with time and deception was his sleeping habit. 3 more Penelopes could leave him and 5 more Dianas could die but he'd still remain a heavy sleeper, that'd never change.

"Your majesty..." Felix repeated for the eighth time. "I bring news..."

"Ugh...Time..?" A raspy morning voice asked.

"6:50, sire." The knight sighed "You have 10 minutes until the start of breakfast."

The curtains opened, revealing a groggy looking emperor.

"What news?" He asked grumpily and Felix let himself drop on the couch nearest to the bed. Claude's grumpy 24/7 now. A real grandpa for reals.

He looked to Penelope's portrait hung right beside the bed. The one Claude used to stare at with resentment in his eyes each night before going to bed.

The portrait didn't give him any courage, but he still spoke.

"Penelope Judith..." He stated and Claude looked right at him, shocked to hear the name. He doesn't like it being mentioned very much.

"What of her?" He sounded angry already.

"She's very much alive." Felix let it out in one breath. "I came across Roselia Margarita yesterday...with her child."

"Albert Margarita?" Claude asked, confused at why Felix would bring the troublemaking little monster he once saw swinging on his father's arm during a banquet into the topic.

"No, not Roselia's child." Felix took a deep breath as he pursued, wondering if he'd get fired or worse "Penelope's child."

And then Claude lost it.

--

2 days later