Chemistry Read - c.e

It felt like the most important moment of her life, after countless auditions and sleepless nights, y/n had been asked to do a screen test. Now it was only between her and another woman for the part of Sharon Carter in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Y/n remembered picking up her phone and Kevin Feige was on the other end saying she had been invited into the studio to do a chemistry read with Chris Evans.

She remembered that shattering feeling of relief and panic all at once, this was her final chance to prove that she should get the role. Being a fan of the franchise since the first Ironman film, the thought of being part of the cinematic universe was incredibly exciting, not to mention she would be alongside Chris Evans himself. Y/n had seen him at a few award shows and passed him once in comic con, but she hadn't officially met him before.

Being an upcoming actress, y/n had only been in a handful of films that had only just begun circling mainstream media. That's how she was able to audition in the first place, her agent suggested she should try for the role of Sharon and so she did.

-

Y/n found her mind spiralling as she entered the Los Angeles building, Marvel Studios had a large lot just off the city center and y/n was half an hour early but she would much rather be early than late. Walking into the lobby, the receptionist guided her into a tight hallway on the second floor. It had a line of empty seats along a wall which was covered in Marvel movie posters. It all seemed too surreal as the receptionist left her waiting outside a large brown door which had a sign reading 'chemistry test in process'.

As she was so early and her mind couldn't stop racing with how important the next few hours were, y/n decided to get herself a bottle of water from the vending machine she had passed on the way. Walking across the marble floor, she pulled out her purse for a couple spare coins to pay. Y/n punched in the number for water on the keypad and quickly paid before waiting anxiously as the vending machine pushed the bottle from the shelf.

However, as the bottle of water got released it got stuck against the glass as it fell to the collection point.
"Of course, today of all days" y/n muttered and banged a fist against the glass but the bottle didn't budge. "Really great timing, I just want some damn water" she let out a frustrated sigh and stood awkwardly as the bottle remained stuck in the vending machine.

"It does that sometimes" a familiar voice spoke from behind her, y/n turned around to see none other than Chris Evans in his Captain America suit walk toward her "The one downstairs is much more reliable" he chuckled and gave her a small smile. Y/n noticed that his dirty blonde hair appeared almost golden under the artificial lights as Chris came closer, his soft blue eyes landing on her.

"yeah that must get annoying" y/n said with a slow sigh and turned back to the machine as he stood next to her.

"You're y/n right? Auditioning for Sharon?" He questioned as he met her gaze.

"Oh, yeah" y/n said, trying to gather her words. She'd never imagined this to be her first impression, "I thought you'd be busy doing another chemistry read right now" she finished and tried to hide her embarrassment.

"It actually finished early and I wanted some jelly beans," he pointed to the vending machine. "Although, I didn't expect to bump into anyone - I always find it awkward walking around in the suit" he gave a nervous laugh and glanced at his Captain America costume.

"For what it's worth, it looks great on you" y/n smiled at him "and I've never actually tried jelly beans before" she finished with a shrug.

"Really? Oh my god, let me get you some" Chris gave her a look of disbelief and punched in the number for Jelly Beans in the machine before she had the chance to reply. It made a beeping sound before dispensing the packet from the shelf, it fell onto the bottle of water and knocked it to the bottom along the way.