Leave Him (Part Two) - c.e

Chris had stayed on the phone the whole way and refused to hang up as he started driving. Chris didn't live very far away as filming for 'Fantastic Four' was relatively close by. He had gotten to the park in record time and y/n soon saw his car pull alongside the road where she stood. She quickly wiped the last of the running mascara from her face, hating how fragile she felt in the moment. Y/n took another heavy breath before making her way toward the car with her bag on her shoulder.

Before she reached the vehicle, Chris cut the engine and opened the door to meet her. He wore black sweatpants and a loose-fitting shirt, his dirty blonde hair disheveled as he had just woken up. Chris rushed to her in a blur of movement, his arms wrapping around y/n in a tight embrace.

"Are you okay?" He whispered and she slowly shook her head, "sorry that was a stupid question" he muttered "please stay with me as long as you want" Chris finished, pulling back a little to examine her. He saw the small flecks of green glass in her hair and his face dropped as he realized what her boyfriend had done.

"Thank you for being here" y/n murmured "I couldn't stay with him, I couldn't-" she tried to continue but found herself on the verge of tears as she recalled what had happened.

"I'm here, I'm here and he'll never hurt you again" Chris pulled her back into his clutch, hand resting on her hair as she buried herself in the crook of his neck. The two of them stayed like that, on the side of the road, in the stillness of the night and y/n felt completely safe in his embrace.

"It's not very warm" y/n gave him a small smile, already feeling calmer as Chris was with her. He was like her safe place, somewhere she found peace just being around and y/n couldn't have been more thankful to have someone like him in her life.
"I think I know what might help" he beamed and y/n let go of him as they walked side by side to the car.

The road was quiet, it seemed like a ghost town as the street lights illuminated the otherwise dark night. They sat in silence for a while, cruising through the empty town, she curled up in the passenger's seat before reaching out and turning up the heater.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly, turning toward her. Y/n paused for thought before slowly shaking her head.

"I don't know, I thought it might have been better this time and now I feel so stupid for thinking he could change" she let out a sigh and swallowed the lump that formed in her throat as she began to explain what happened. "He wasn't always like this" y/n continued.

"I'm sorry" Chris replied with a heavy breath.

"Why? You have nothing to apologize for" she cut in.

"You've always deserved so much better, from the very start - he was always an asshole" Chris ran a hand through his hair and clenched his jaw "I should have done something" he almost whispered then fell silent.

"No, I should have listened to you in the first place" she reached over and placed a hand on his tense shoulder. He glanced at her and gave a sad smile as he reached for her hand.

"I'm not going anywhere"
"Me neither"

A few minutes had passed and she began to recognize the houses they drove by, it wasn't too far from where Chris was staying and she couldn't help but admire the quaint town that was on the outskirts of the city.

"I thought your apartment was that way?" Y/n asked and raised an eyebrow, pointing to the right as Chris took a left turn.

"It is that way" he flashed her a small grin and y/n immediately knew he was up to something. "I thought you might want to get McDonald's," Chris said as they saw the yellow sign in the distance. Y/n let out a sound of excitement and he chuckled at her reaction.