Contingency

3rd Pov

The satellite tracks Sgt. "Viper" MacTavish in Russia. Soap can be heard typing on his computer, uplinking Shepherd with Price.

Soap: Uplink nearly complete. General Shepherd, you're online with Captain Price.

The oilrigs and gulag go offline after rescuing Price. The satellite then locates a Russian submarine dock somewhere west of the Gulag.

Shepherd: Back from the brink, Captain.

Price: "Out of the frying pan" is more like it. This world looks more like hell than the one I just left.

Shepherd: We thought we'd recover the ACS before the Russians could crack it. We were wrong. Then Makarov turned the U.S. into his scapegoat. Next thing you know there's flames everywhere. What's this image you're sending me?

A Russian nuclear submarine is analyzed, showing its internal mechanical layout and 16-megaton nuclear payload.

Price: You wanna put out an oil fire, Sir, you set off a bigger explosion right next to it. Sucks away the oxygen. Snuffs the flame.

Shepherd: Price, you been locked away too long. Better get your mind right, son.

Price: Shepherd, are you willing to do what is necessary to win?

Shepherd: Always.

Price: We got ourselves a pretty big fire. Gonna need a huge bang.

Shepherd: You've been in the gulag too long, Price. Focus on taking out Makarov.

Price: No time, sir. We need to end this war today.

Shepherd: I'm not asking you, Price. This is an order! You're to-

Price: Hmm, looks like we lost our connection.

(Y/n): You did that on purpose.

[Day 5 - 11:22:34]

[(Y/n) "Viper" MacTavish]

[Task Force 141]

[14 Miles SSE of Petropavlovsk, Russia]

Price and I parachuted and landed in Petropavlosk.

Soap: Price, I can barely see Viper's chute on my satellite feed. Too much interference. Do you see him, over?

Price: Roger that, Soap. I've found Viper. He appears to be intact. We're gonna head northwest to the sub base, over.

Soap: Copy that. The rest of the team landed near Ghost, pretty far to the east.

Price: Tell them to proceed with the mission, we'll regroup if possible. Viper, follow me and stay out of sight.

(Y/n): I can do more than just sneaking.

I followed Price and begin our trek to the sub base.

Price: Is that so?

(Y/n): Watch me.

Ahead, a group of men and a dog are seen in the distance.

Price: Contact. Enemy patrol 30 meters to our front. Five men, automatic rifles, frag grenades. One German Shepherd.

Soap: Dogs. I hate dogs.

(Y/n): Haha, I remember the time you were crying over a little pug.

Soap: Don't. Bring that up!