2. L

Summary: Y/n felt a little anxious and cautious around Watari, having just meeting him half an hour ago. Too much overthinking after the intense battle with Kibutsuji and the lack of sleep made her came down with a fever. The swordsman was just about to faint when a certain someone caught her by the waist...

Word count: 1800
Published: 21/3/2022
Update: 21/3/2022

____________________

Y/n exit the sweet shop, not forgetting to give a slight grateful wave to Ayame. Watari was walking ahead of her, holding a full large paper bags, filled with sweets that's poking out a little from the bag. Y/n offers some help, but Watari was a gentleman despite his age and protest he can carry it on his own.

As they walk, thousands of thoughts started to swirling back into her mind, all of a sudden. She had no choice but to follow this older men if she wants to survive. Other than demons, there's also people that she needs to be cautious with. In the night, the atmosphere would fall and a slight wind could send you a shiver. The weather wouldn't always be bright, she has to find shelter and food. It was a new start in this world. Who knows, maybe demons exist here.

Her habit came again, as she starts to overthinking. Y/n kept warning herself to focus on her situation instead of thinking the worst that could happen. All the thoughts once again gave her a familiar headache, this time her body's temperature was higher than usual and the slight blew of wind made her shiver.

Y/n struggles on keeping up to Watari, as they neared a black limo car that's parked on the parking lot.

Just a little more.

She thought, easing herself. But it wasn't as easy as she think. One of her wounds decides to worsen right at the moment. A pain that she had been trying to hold in since last night. Her legs starts wobbling, wincing of how dead they feel and loses balance as her body fall by force.

Y/n didn't want to faint in the middle of the road. She had an old men stood in front of her, night too dark and when anyone could come by, the worst might happen. Much to her dismay, she fainted unwantedly and gravity took hold of her.

Y/n swore she might hit her face first to the cement ground and bruised her face-- which didn't actually happen. A strong larger hand took her by the waist, stopping her falling motion. Too late to realize, Y/n had already fall unconscious.

"Ryuzaki." Watari was still holding the paper bags in his hand, almost choosing to drop it to the ground in order to catch the girl. Almost. If it wasn't for the detective that just jump out of the car and caught her first.

"She's having fever." He knew at first glance, and through her body heat. "Her body language was signaling that she might fall unconscious at any moment." He added, slipping the info of him watching them through the car window.

Watari was a little late to notice her action when she was walking unbalanced, sweating throughout her body and the heat that's rising to her face. His back was facing her, until he heard the sound of wincing in pain coming from the girl.

Placing the paper bags inside the car, he took the girl who's still laying in the detective's arm and let her rest on the back seat. L sat on the opposite side, his dark gloomy eyes didn't falter as it scanned the girl.

Her outfit was out of place, wearing a brown-tinted uniform and a red checkered haori on the outside. Not to mention the katana that's hanging on her waist. Most people would thought she was a cosplayer, and immediately lost interest after coming to that conclusion.

But no. He didn't think this was all a cosplaying. The speck of blood on the bottom of her haori seemed too real to be considered a liquid-- when he's seen more throughout his work as a detective, and she actually look like she needs a lot of rest after whatever event she just get herself involved with. Not to mention, her way of walking where the right leg seem to be put much more pressure at every step and her other shoulder were a little too tense.