Chapter 8

3 Months Later

Y/N's Pov

It's been 3 months now since we first started living in the Motor Inn hoping to hopefully last this thing out. To be honest in my opinion I don't think this is gonna end anytime soon, so I don't know about everybody else, but I am going to start getting used to it. I already like the fact I don't have to go to school anymore. No longer will my parents treat me like nothing and actually be appreiciated for once. I am currently out on a hunting trip with Lee and this guy we found around our first week in the Motor Inn. We allowed him to stay because he had enough food for everyone, but we only have scraps of it left now.
I managed to snag 4 rabbits, 3 squirrels and 2 birds. It's not much, but it might be able to squeeze in for at least everyone to have something tonight.

Lee's Pov

I just killed a walker eating what looked liked a rabbit. Y/N was currently with me since he insisted that he wanted to come with, so I took him with me while Mark is with Kenny.

Y/N: Damnit. What did they get this time.

Lee: Ehh, looks like a rabbit.

Y/N: Well, that's another meal lost. I can't believe all the food Mark brought us went by so fast. It looked liked he had a whole shit ton of food,

Lee: Maybe he shouldn't have opened the door.

Y/N: Trust me Lee he doesen't regret it one bit deciding to stay with us or else he'd probably BE FOOD by now.

Lee: Yea your right.

Y/N: Do you know how much food we have left.

Lee: Not enough. Acorrding to Lilly we have reached the last of our rescorces.

Y/N: Well its a good thing a caught these few critters then.

Lee: Yea it sure is. Where did you learn to hunt? You seem to be taught extreamly well.

Y/N: I was taught by the only family who actually ever cared about me, supported me, and was always there to listen when I needed him. My uncle Tromane. He taught me everything there is needed to know to hunt and to live in the wild to some extent. He didn't know everything, but he knew enough, so I can survive out here.

Lee: It's a good thing for all of us cause now everybody will be able to have something tonight.

Y/N: Just remind me before we get back to the Motor Inn to grab some logs and sticks for the fire.

Lee: You got it Y/N. Come on lets go find Mark and Kenny see if they had any luck finding anything.

We walk for another 5 minutes until we hear a scream from another part of the woods, so me and Y/N followed the screams hoping it wasent Mark or Kenny. We come to findd 3 people, 2 of which are still very young, but not Y/N young. Then there was an older man that had his ankle caught in a bear trap.

Y/N: Jesus Christ.

Young Adult 1: Oh shit no, no, please don't hurt us, well leave once he is free I sware.

Kenny: Lee, Y/N you guys ok?

Young Adult 2: Travis maybe they can help

Travis: These may be the same guys who raided our camp and we almost died that time.

Y/N: Who the hell are you guys talking about?

Kenny: Why the fuck is there a bear trap out here?

Lee: Everyone calm down we gotta get him out.

Y/N: Uhhhh Lee.

Lee: What is it Y/N?

Y/N: There is no release latch on this trap. It's been tampered with somehow. There is no way your taking this trap off. You gotta cut off his leg unless you have an electric saw, or the hulk's strength to break the trap.