Chapter 2: Testing

You woke up to the sound of your alarm, you rolled over and checked the time, it was 5:00 am, you then slowly got up. You changed into your casual clothing, as you still had 6 hours until your skills test. You finished getting ready by brushing your teeth and the first thing you did when you left your room was to go make breakfast. You decided to make an egg omelette, after finishing cooking the omelette, you sat down at the table and began to eat. Moments later you looked up and saw a sleepy Monika walking toward you before sitting down in front of you.

"Did you make this?" she asked, to which you responded with a nod

"I wish I would've woken up earlier so you could make me some," you just about finished your omelet and stood up to go make one for Monika but you were stopped

"Don't worry about it, I can just get something from the Cafeteria. Would you like to join me? I will show you more about the firing range" Monika said and you gave her a nod saying that you would like to.

"Ok good, wait here I am going to get changed" she said before walking off to her room.

You waited for about 5 minutes before Monika arrived in front of you, she was wearing a grey plaid shirt with jeans and her hair was tied up in a bun, you took a quick glance at her, admiring her beauty before you were snapped back into reality.

"Are you ready to go?" she asked, you quickly nodded as you opened the door for her. The two of you walked down to the cafeteria.

Monika talked about funny stories about Dominic, Elias, and especially Marius. They all seemed to get along very well as well as having great times with such a serious job, that brought a smile to your face, a smile Monika could not see because you had your mask on, you were excited to get to know the three of them, they seemed cool. Eventually you and Monika arrived at the cafeteria and you sat down at a table as Monika went to get her food. Monika finally came back with a tray of food, as well as another person, the two of them sat down and Monika prepared to introduce you.

"Lurker, this is Emmanuelle or Twitch on the Field, Emmanuelle this is Lurker, He...doesn't talk much" Monika said and Emmanuelle extended her hand offering a handshake.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lurker, but you can just call me Emma" she said and you accepted her handshake.

Monika and Emma chatted for a bit while eating, while you were sitting there quietly, eventually there was a small silence in the group before Emma broke it.

"So, Lurker it's no surprise that everyone here knows what you did in Mexico, amazing stuff it was" Emma said "I would appreciate it if you could show me some things about tech sometime?".

You nodded at Emma's question which brought a smile to her face.

"Thank you Lurker, well I better be going. I have a mission in a couple of hours" Emma said before hugging Monika goodbye and walking off.

You and Monika sat in silence as she finished her food, when she finished she got up and returned the tray to where she got it and came back to you.

"Come on, let me show you the firing range," she said and you got up to follow her.

The two of you arrived at the firing range and you were caught off guard with how massive it was. You took a moment to admire it before coming back to reality when Monika spoke

"I'm assuming you know how guns work" she joked, "but while we are here we might as well get you set up for your skills test."

"Head on in the back armoury and pick out your weapons and meet me back here," Monika said, you nodded and started to walk toward the armoury.