Chapter 21: Lost

"That can't be true... Right?" Ela says over the phone, and you sigh.

"I... I don't know, but if it is real... then we have two suspects" you say.

"Well, it's obvious then. There is no way it's Travis" she says but you don't respond.

"Y/N, you don't think..." she trails off and you sigh once more.

"I don't know what to think, but we can't just assume it's not Travis... I also don't know how John got his hands on this information, so we should keep a slight eye on him," you say. And you don't hear from Ela for a moment.

"You're right... If I find anything, I'll let you know," she says, which leaves you with a slight smile.

"Thanks, Ela, I'll talk to you later, I need some rest," you say.

"Goodnight Y/N" she responds, hanging up the phone, leaving just you in your room, confused to the maximum. The mission was tomorrow, but you didn't know if you could sleep with the amount of stress you have right now, but you still tried to sleep, rolling over and eventually drifting off.

You wake up the next morning to the sound of your alarm. You thankfully got a bit of sleep. You then roll out of bed and start getting ready to leave...

"There you are, Lurker" Six says, leaning up against a wall. You nod at him before stepping into the Helicopter. Six joined shortly after.

"You're coming?" you ask and he nods.

"I want to be there in case something happens, and to help from afar," Six says, and the Helicopter begins to take off.

Not too long later, the helicopter touched down at a base on the outskirts of Paris, and you and Six stepped out of the chopper.

"I'm not sure about this Six," you say, with a concerned look plastered across your face.

"And why is that?" Six asks, turning slightly to look at you, sharing your worried expression.

"I don't know, I just feel like we are falling behind, like they always have one over us, and to add on to that...the rat," you say lowering your voice, and Six nods.

"I know, we just have to make do with what we have. I trust you Lurker, you're our best shot right now, and I must ask that you not worry about the future right now, and focus on what we can do at this moment" Six says, and you keep a worried look on your face for a few moments longer before eventually nodding.

"Good, now I want you to be on the lookout, you'll take one side, and Jackal will take the other, then I will stay at a far enough distance, and then we have Blackbeard and Buck escorting. Along with the other soldiers of course." Six says, and you nod, looking over to a nearby hillside.

You slowly walked up the hillside, making sure your weapon was ready, and once you reached the top, you took a perched position on it, looking over the escorting team, you looked across the way and saw Jackal, you hold up a thumb and Jackal nods, looking back down as well.

You waited up there for what felt like hours, and the escorting team hadn't arrived yet. You felt something in your gut that something was wrong, but you kept your cool, maybe it was travelling slower than expected...if the white mask's got a hold on this bomb...you didn't want to think about that.

And right as you cleared those thoughts out of your head, you noticed a vehicle coming down the road, you watched as it passed, nothing out of the ordinary, and you took a breath, realising the air you kept in your chest as you held your breath. As time passed, you began to grow impatient, they were way behind schedule, you moved your head upward to look over at Jackal's position, giving him a signal, and once he noticed he gave you a thumbs up and began traversing down the hillside.