Chapter 18: Confusion

You didn't sleep the previous night, you couldn't, your mind wasn't able to put together the mystery of the rat. And it was your duty to find out who it was.

All you had was that they knew about you and Monika, and knew where Simeon was, and how to get him out. Six added extra security just in case, but it still left you uneasy.

"Something on your mind?" you heard someone ask, when you felt someone's hand rest on your shoulder, you slightly turned to face the person and it was Monika.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you walk in, I'm just stressed out about something," you say, and she responds with a nod before giving you a reassuring smile.

"Would you like to talk about it?" she asks, starting to lightly rub your shoulders. You remembered what Six said but there was no way in your mind that it was her

"Six asked me to investigate something, both he and I believe someone here at Rainbow is giving information to the white masks, but I have no idea who...you can't tell anyone about this, I shouldn't have even told you," you say, and Monika nods.

"I see why you're stressed, I won't actively search, but if I find anything that might be useful, I'll let you know" she responds, leaning down and placing a kiss on your cheek.

"Thank you," you say, and she smiles

"Of course" she responds but before she could leave you stop her.

"Could you stay? I need a break from this" you ask and she nods before smiling.

"Sure, why don't we lay down..you didn't sleep, did you?" she questions and you shake your head before flopping down on the, followed shortly after by Monika.

"Why don't you get some rest" she offers, and you nod, already about to pass out, and you shut your eyes as you drift off...

You woke a few hours later, Monika was still in your arms. You smile softly at her sleeping before remembering you have work to do, so you sneak out of her arms, grab a few things before leaving your room.

You place a knock on the door to Six's office, and not too long after Six opens the door, inviting you in.

"What's up Lurker? Did you find anything?" he asks, as you were taking a seat.

"Nothing yet, I came to ask if you could find a time for me to have a word with Simeon Frost? I have a few questions for him" you say, and Six nods

"I can get you in right now. Come on, I'll drive us there" he says, getting up from his seat and walking out of the room, and you follow after.

On the way to where Simeon was kept, Six informed you that he upgraded the security due to recent events, which made you feel a bit safer. The white masks know where he's kept, at any moment they could break him out. You thought it would be better if Six just moved him to a different location, but you trusted his judgement.

You step out of the car, now arriving at the location, it was a large facility, but you assumed it wasn't just Simeon kept here. You followed Six through the many halls of the building, you were stopped a few times to confirm your identity, until eventually you reached a room, you glance inside and see it was only a table and Simeon was sat, right there

"He's all yours" Six says, opening the door for you.

You enter into the room, the atmosphere around you shifting slightly as the man comes into your vision. You wasted no time and took the seat across the table from him. When he heard you sit down, he slowly glanced up at you.

"Haven't seen your face around here, fresh meat?" he asks with a smirk, but you kept a straight face

"Far from it, I'm here to ask you a few questions Simeon" you respond, but the smile on someone's face doesn't fade.