Saturdays

Song(s) for the chapter: One Direction - Another World (Up All Night)

Nikita's POV

"This song just keeps playing in my head!"

I stuffed a blue shirt in one corner of the bag, before looking back at him.

"And what song is that?"

He walked purposefully towards me, before wrapping his arms around my waist.

"One of our songs, actually. Summer love."

I laughed resting my hands on either side of his shoulders. "Why summer love? I don't get it."

I stared into his eyes, trying to ignore the swarm of butterflies that had managed to ignite in my stomach, at his touch.

"The lyrics match somehow. You're packing your bags, and I didn't want to admit, but yes, I am feeling really sad. Like you'll forget me in the London rush, or something."

He must be the dumbest person on earth, surely. I could never forget him! You don't just forget the guy you're in love with, do you?

Wait, did he just say Summer Love? Does he really mean love, or was it- No, who am I kidding? Why am I even thinking about this? I'm so stupid- ugh!

"I say, you shuffle the song, that's playing in your head. Because A, it's not even summer yet, and B, I do promise I will call you. So much, that at a point you'll get irritated."

He chuckled in reply, "I don't think I'm the one who's going to get irritated. I'll call you so much, that you'll have no other option, but to resort to turning your phone off."

I knew we were going to be talking to each other nonstop, and it would be hard to keep track of who called whom more!

"Okay, how about we irritate the minds off of each other later, but for now, help me pack? These are the last of my jeans, I've already folded them, can you put them in my bag, please? I'll just pop into the laundry room, to see if I've left anything there."

As I walked out of the room, I make sure to leave a hurried peck on his cheek, and I'm rewarded with one of his beautiful smiles.

How lucky am I?

I head to the laundry room down in the basement, and collect my now washed and dried pajama bottoms and a few tops. On my way back, I take each step agonizingly slowly, making sure I get a good look at every corner of the house. Even though, I have been a guest, I was going to miss being here. This house has truly been life changing for me.

As I walked past the living room, I retract back a few steps. Kabir was in there, pacing back and forth across the expanse of the room.

Why does he look so worried?

"Hey, everything okay? You look tensed."

He snapped his head in the direction I was standing, clearly taken with surprise by my presence. He rubbed the back of his neck vigorously, before shrugging his shoulders.

"Umm- No, I mean, I guess I'm okay. Or not, I really am not sure."

What? What the hell did he say? All I could hear was blah- blah- I- blah- blah!

"That made absolutely no sense", my brows scrunched up in confusion "Mind telling me, what's up with you?"

As I sat down on the love seat, he grabbed the spot next to me, taking no time to bury his face in his hands. I put my hand on his arm almost instantaneously.

Right now, I was the one more worried.

"K, please tell me what's wrong."

He kept on hiding his face, nothing except silence coming from him. I ran a soothing hand over his back. He seemed so tensed. After a while he picked his head up, regret and guilt flashing in his eyes.