9. Lunch

Travis

As lunch approaches I feel myself getting more and more anxious. I don't want to sit with them, but I don't want to seem like a pussy. What if they're inviting me over just to make fun of me and call me names. I know they don't like me. Maybe if I apologize? But I can't redo all of the bullying I've done to them with a single "I'm sorry" what I did was shitty.

As the bell rings signaling for us to get lunch I squirm. I walk up to the lunch line and grab some shitty ass probably plastic pizza. I stand for a bit as I slowly walk over to their table cringing. I try to make it clear with my face that I don't want to be here.
Sal gives me a confused look as I walk closer. He scootches over giving me somewhere to sit.

"Heyyy travis" Larry says teasingly. "Sal I hope you don't mind but I invited travis to come sit with us for lunch"
"Oh- yeah I don't mind.." sal says. I notice Todd and Neil stop holding hands. Damn. I really mustve fucked up to make Todd scared to be gay infront of me huh. I stare at my food while everyone else at the table is watching me. A moment of silence passes and I look up starting to talk.
"Look I-" ..."im sorry." I take a breath "I know sorry can't fix things. But I've been an ass to you guys. And..." I see sal smiling in the corner of my eyes "I just want you to know I'm trying to be better. And not bother you so. I'm sorry"

They all look shocked. They are staring and I don't like it
"thanks travis" Ashley says. Larry seems contempt as he shoves the gross pizza into his mouth. Then everyone else goes back to talking and eating.
"Hey, thanks Travis" sals says turning to me giving me a small smile. I blush a little and look back at my pizza.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Magical time skip~

Sally

As the final school bell rings I can't stop thinking about Travis's apology. I don't know if it was sincere but I like to think it is. I walk home with Larry. It's a little bit awkward but I speak up "I hope that made you think he's not too bad aswell"
"I appreciate the apology, but how are we to know he wasn't just faking it you know. After all that can he really change just like that?" Larry reply's. As we approach the building I say "I have a feeling he wasn't." I jump up a little to pat him on the back and he laughs and pushes me.

I enter my apartment and drop my bad onto the floor jumping onto the couch and sighing. A couple minutes pass when I hear my phone ding. A message? A twitter notification? I pick up my phone to see a message from Travis. I quickly open it and read it.

Travis💗💗- Hey, want to meet up at the park? I have something to tell you.
Me- uh sure rn?
Travis💗💗- Yeah, I mean if you aren't busy.
Me- omw 👍
Travis💗💗- What's that?
Me- on my way lol
Travis💗💗- oh, okay.

I hurriedly get on my shoes and head out the door.

OKAY HEHE CHAPTER UO AFTER FOREVER I'm sorry it's been so long oml frick school. Hope you like- sam

561 words