{•Ten•}

[tw; DISTURBING topics.]

Brandon placed the photo album onto his lap. He leaned back on the couch. Liam huddled up to Brandon as he slowly opened the book.

Liam gulped nervously. He felt sweat roll down his face as his hands gripped onto his best friends shoulder.

"Creek wood." Brandon says softly as he read the cover. He flipped onto the next page. A soft drizzle of rain started outside as they looked through the book.

"April, 7th 2009. A boy by the name of Brandon Lew was registered into our school system." Brandon read out as the two looked over at a childhood photo.

"You looked so cute.." Liam says as he looked at the photo next to the small paragraph. The photo was of Brandon, tall kid, with a goofy buck teethed smile.

Brandon rolled his eyes. A soft blush of embarrassment rises to his face. "Oh shut uppp. I look baaad, this is when I looked weirddd."

Liam giggled as he laid his head onto Brandon's shoulder. Brandon flipped the page. "Oh my god...it's you!" "Oh God..gross.-"

Liam laughed but Brandon remained quiet. "Still look the same." Liam commented as he looked at the photo.

In this photo it showed childhood Liam, much shorter than how he is now. A busted lip and a black eye. No smile. With the gashes on his cheeks. More fresh. Blood was sleeping out of them. His eyes were puffy; like he cried before the photo was taken.

"Liam Richards is a stubborn child. He must learn to treat others with respect. If not, punishment should be engaged without hesitation." Brandon read out, a small frown appearing on his lips.

They flipped through the book. Each page getting less cutesy. Another picture showed about a teacher shouting at Liam. Holding a wooden ruler. A distressed look on the little boys face. Red marks across Liam's forearm.

Brandon sighed. "Can't believe how bad these punishments were. No one even knew. Not even our parents. We couldn't even go home.."
Liam pointed to another photo on the next page. "Yeah..! Here are the cots we slept in."

The image of the cots showed disgusting sheets. Some children sleeping on them. Liam clinging onto his stuffed bear as he slept in the photograph. Brandon hugging his knees as he hid his face when the camera flashed.

"This was dated in October 3rd 2009." Brandon says as he read the small print underneath the photo.
Liam sighed. They turned the page slowly.

Brandon gagged. In this photo, it showed the two children burying a dead pig. The teachers seemed happy and looked cheery. While the two were crying and distressed.

Liam shuddered. "This was the class pet pig. Her name was Pai. A student by the name of Rayden Peterson killed the pet as he was told for his science project. Our best bet was to feed this for our cafeterias breakfast. But unfortunately it was too mutilated to do so."
Brandon read out. His voice cracked from the disturbing imagery he saw. Liam teared up.

"Pai was such an amazing pig.. I know she was just a farm animal that they had but .. she really made the kids feel better." Liam shakily said.

"Us, feel better." Brandon corrected with a small sigh.  Liam sighed. "Didn't Rayden commit suicide?" He asked, which Brandon nodded his head to.

"Yeah, he couldn't handle how the teachers were beating on us. And having other students shout at us so during a recess, he committed suicide by jumping off the bridge where we fed those baby ducklings." Brandon says sadly. Liam sighed. "Poor guy.. it sucks, cause I always fought with him. That's how come he kept getting in trouble.. so it's honestly my fault."