Ch. 7 - THE ADVENTURES OF JOAN, THOMAS AND BRENDA Pt. 1

▪︎ 🔥🌆☀️ ▪︎

▪︎ 🔥🌆☀️ ▪︎

Chapter Seven☀️ The Adventures Of Joan, Thomasand Brenda Pt

Chapter Seven
The Adventures Of Joan, Thomas
and Brenda Pt. 1☀️

Joan, Thomas and Brenda all coughed slightly as they breathed in a lot of dust before Brenda clicked on a flashlight. "Are you guys okay?" Brenda asked and Joan held up a thumbs up, "Great." She said with a slight sarcastic tone. 

Brenda shines her flashlight around the room they were in to find they were completely boxed in. "No, no. How are we gonna get back to the others?" Thomas asked, "Relax. I'm gonna get us out of here." Brenda said as she grabbed her backpack. 

"Here." She said, tossing Joan and Thomas a couple flashlights, "Why are you helping us?" Joan asked as Brenda dug around her backpack. "Trust me, it's not my idea. Jorge seems to think you guys are our ticket to the safe haven." She said, making Thomas look at her confused. 

"The what?" He asked and she glanced at them, "You know, paradise. Safe from the sun, free of infection. Supposedly, the Right Arm's been taking kids there for years. Immunes, anyway." Brenda said and Joan raised her eyebrows. "And you know where that is?" Joan asked as they all got up, "No. But Jorge knows a guy." Brenda said as they shined their flashlights around 

"Marcus. He used to smuggle kids up into the mountains." Brenda said before tossing a wood pallet off to the side and crouching down. "If Jorge made it out, that's where he'll be taking your friends." Brenda said, making Thomas raise his eyebrows, "If he made it out?" He asked making her look at them. 

"You guys ask a lot of questions." She said and Joan shrugged slightly, "Can you blame us? We only just found out there's more to the world recently." She said. "Can you just come over here and help me with this? Please." Brenda asked, making Joan and Thomas glance at each other before sighing and walking over to Brenda. 

They crouched down around a metal grate in the ground before pulling it up. They shined their flashlights down the hole before there was a distant echoing screech making Joan pursed her lips.